Trusted Contributor

Re: WILLIAM HOLDEN, KIM NOVAK, "PICNIC" TCM 10:00 P.M. EASTERN MONDAY

@Oznell Told my dad who's 80 that this movie was on, thanks to you.

He said when this was playing when it first came out, he saw it twice because he liked it so much. He ran down to the movie house and had such fun.

I've dvr'd it and will watch this weekend.

Thanks Oznell.

Honored Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

I was also thinking, TCM should add as a little bonus Holden on I Love Lucy!!

Did they air The Country Girl, that was another great one with Crosby and Grace Kelly, Kelly won Oscar.

I did catch I Love Lucy this morning. And the episode was a fashion show of actor's wives. Mrs William Holden was the first lady in the fashion show.

Honored Contributor

@Chicagosuburbangirl, so glad your Dad got to see the movie he was a big fan of, again!

Honored Contributor

Gang, I also love that "Lucy" episode with William Holden.  He was so charming, and seemed sort relaxed and genuinely amused by the shenanigans.  What a guy!

By the way, another "Lucy" that is set in Hollywood where Ricky was supposedly making a film, is the one in which Richard Widmark appears.....   He too seemed so adorable and bemused by the Lucy nuttiness.  I think it's the one where she's somehow gotten into his house, and then hides under a bear rug or something?  But I might be confusing it with a different episode....

Honored Contributor

One thing struck me odd about the I Love Lucy episode today. Mrs William Holden was the first lady modeling in the fashion show. Her entire time on screen was shot from far away. I wouldn't be surprised if the camera was at the back of the set. But when the other wives appeared the shots were much closer. And there were even close ups of their faces. 

Wonder why they did not get close to Mrs William Holden.

Trusted Contributor

@Oznell

@Oznell wrote:

Gang, I also love that "Lucy" episode with William Holden.  He was so charming, and seemed sort relaxed and genuinely amused by the shenanigans.  What a guy!

By the way, another "Lucy" that is set in Hollywood where Ricky was supposedly making a film, is the one in which Richard Widmark appears.....   He too seemed so adorable and bemused by the Lucy nuttiness.  I think it's the one where she's somehow gotten into his house, and then hides under a bear rug or something?  But I might be confusing it with a different episode....

There’s also the one Lucy & Ethel steal John Wayne’s concrete footprint slab from Grauman’s Chinese Theatre