Esteemed Contributor

Re: WILL DANCING WITH THE STARS BE BACK THIS FALL

[ Edited ]

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

I hope they have really worked on the voting thing.  It was atrocious.  I love Tom and Len.  For me, they make the show.

@AngelPuppy1  I agree, Bobby Bones 'winning' said it all!  I went to the live tour show after the season, as I've done with many seasons. Usually the winner recreates popular numbers from the season.  He didn't even  make an appearance, that's how much he COULDN'T dance!

Respected Contributor

Bobby Bones winning was the worst.  He's a personable guy, but he didn't improve throughout the season.  Then again, I think back to the first season when Kelly Monaco won and people were furious about it.  But she got better and better throughout the season, so I was glad she won.

I'm a LaBlast instructor (dance fitness developed by Louis Van Amstel, one of the former pros) and he posted that there is supposed to be an announcement in the next few days about DWTS.  Since we already know it is coming back, I wonder if they are announcing the cast or the new format?

Esteemed Contributor

@DrKelli wrote:

Bobby Bones winning was the worst.  He's a personable guy, but he didn't improve throughout the season.  Then again, I think back to the first season when Kelly Monaco won and people were furious about it.  But she got better and better throughout the season, so I was glad she won.

I'm a LaBlast instructor (dance fitness developed by Louis Van Amstel, one of the former pros) and he posted that there is supposed to be an announcement in the next few days about DWTS.  Since we already know it is coming back, I wonder if they are announcing the cast or the new format?

@DrKelli  Loved Louis Van Amstel -  I'm going to check out LaBlast classes!!!

Respected Contributor

@Ibby114  they are great fun--all levels of fitness can do it--completely partnerless!  There is also an aqua version called Splash--now if I can only find a place I can teach that!  You don't even realize you are getting a workout in.

If you don't mind revealing the general area that you live--I could probably tell you where there are LaBlast classes.

Respected Contributor

Think I heard September 16 will be beginning of new season. As for juliannne Hough, Derek posted on social media recently a video of Julianne jumping off a diving board so think she must be doing okay. She has not been on DWTS in a few seasons. I lost interest in the show. Depends who they have on whether or not I get interested again. I do enjoy Bruno and Len, hope they will be back.
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

I stopped watching after the first season when John O’Hurley lost. 

Honored Contributor

When DWTS first started it was enjoyable and you recognized most of the celebrities.  I stopped watching because I have no idea who these people are.  Joe Blow from Montana, Ida Mae from Kansas.  Come on, people want stars.  Most of the original dancers are no longer on the show.  Time to call it quits and take the Bachelor with you!

kindness is strength
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I enjoy the show no matter who the "stars" are. I just enjoy the dancing.

When the first season aired way back when, I had never heard of Kelly Monaco or John O'Hurley (or any of the professional dancers). I can't remember who else was on. I'll have to look it up.

I wouldn't bet any money on it, but I think, at least in the South, Bobby Bones is a bigger celebrity than either Kelly Monaco or John O'Hurley.

The Bobby Bones fiasco was unfortunate, but nevertheless, I will be happy to see the show return.

Honored Contributor

I gave up watching years ago when I had to ask who are these people.

Honored Contributor

I always think I won't enjoy it because I don't know who many of the stars are.  I end up enjoying it very much.  I like getting to know the personalities and love the dancing.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau