Honored Contributor

Re: WIDOWS PREMIERES ON HBO TONIGHT

@colleena wrote:

@Pearlee Very good movie, actors did a great job, some violence which was expected - alot going on w/the story & I did miss a couple things so did some reading on line after.

@colleena   Thank you for your reply. Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

I don't have HBO but read the book.  I really liked it.  Then the sequel came out and it was horrible.  Couldn't even finish it.  There's a 3rd one coming out I think in October.

Esteemed Contributor

I missed it when it was in the theatre and when I saw it was premiering on HBO I was happy.  Taped it by the way to watch so I still haven't seen it yet.

There were quite a few good movies on this weekend that I have seen previously but taped:

Claudine -Diahann Carroll and James Earl Jones

My Life - Michael Keaton, Nicole Kidman (great cast of actors)

Trusted Contributor

I saw the movie today and thought it was very good.  Casting was excellent as well. Liam Neeson is so talented but wish he would stop making only crime and action suspense

movies. This was quite tame for is style though.

I agree with another poster.  Subjects change quick, switch back and forth constantly and so you can easily miss some of the storyline.  Will check online as well for things I

missed.

Honored Contributor

@Pink123   Thanks for your post; I'm glad you enjoyed the film.

When I do get around to watching it, I will heed your post and pay close attention to the action!

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yes please do as it's such a good film and you don't want to miss a tiny bit of the whole

story line which is easy to do as it moves so quick. A skeptic at first, but not much violence.

With some of the actors they don't need to speak a word as it's all done with their eye's and facial expressions.  Enjoy.

Esteemed Contributor

I finally was able to watch it yesterday and what a great movie.  Glad I taped it.