Honored Contributor

Re: WHO IS WATCHING TREADSTONE?

OMG!  This is the most difficult show to follow!

It is the switching back and forth that’s giving me a headache.

I don’t have any input because I can’t figure out what’s going on.

I’m up to Season 1 episode 6 and I still can’t figure out who’s who.

It looks to me that the 2 principal “players” look so similar...maybe they’re the same person?  I’m asking...

It seems like no one dies on this show.  I mean they get shot, strangled...but they “wake up” and start moving again.....?

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66  The problem w/this show is that there are 1 to many subplots.

Subplot #1

The Asian female assassan subplot I can follow.  Last week she snuck out to China.  Latest episode, she returned home back to No. Korea.  How?  Did she sneak back in? 

Also, I did research on Korea & China.  I wanted to know if all Koreans speak Chinese or some dialect of it.  Well, apparently it's a 3rd language for all Koreans.  English is the 2nd language.

Subplots #2 & #3 

The 2 assassans who look alike I agree w/you.  Hard to tell them apart.  The only way I can figure out which is which is that one is in Russia.  He cut off his female trainer little finger.  He is trying to figure out who he really is.

The other lives in Alaska.  He recently found out wify is his handler.

Subplot #4

I cannot figure out that assassin yet.  He's the one who escaped from a CIA black ops facility.  A CIA operative is w/him "off the books." This subplot has me clueless.

Subplot #5

The female head of the CIA & some other guy (who acts like her boss but if she is the snake head who is he?) are trying to find out who woke up the assassins & just how many sleepers are out there?

What tickles me out this show are the "shootout" scenes.

ONE man against an army can stand up shooting, runs to 1 barricaid after another, gets up starts shooting as he moves forward unshielded towards the army........

NEVER runs out of bullets

NO bullet(s) so much as grazes him.  It's like he has a force shield around him.

The army is killed w/1 "kill shot."  Leaving the assassin the ONLY one standing/alive.

Fighting/hand to hand combat scenes.....

Male assassins:  No black eyes, no missing teeth, no spitting out blood, no bruises, no broken bones or scratches.

Female assassin:  Bruised up face which includes bloody lips & nose. 

Shot in the gut.

You know she has been in a fight.

Jason Bourn was easy to follow because he was the only "sleeper" assassin who was awakened accidently.  This series is about all the "sleepers" that came after him.

FWIW......

I may have missed a few subplots.  If so, can someone please fill me in?

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac @You rock!  Your synopsis was great.

One reason I like “Seal Team” is because these guys aim, shoot, aim, shoot.  They don’t miss and make each bullet count.

That’s what you’d expect from a group of highly trained people.

I hadn’t thought about it, but you are spot on about the differences in male versus female after the fight sequences.

Your commentary helped me to understand that I’m not the only person who is somewhat confused here and there.

I’m pretty straight as far as the pinky finger (or lack there of) woman.  I do find it ummm ....interesting...that this story line seems to hinge on a huge bomb that is almost as old as the dirt it’s sitting in!

Every now and then someone will mention ‘the bomb’.

Why in the world, with all of the actors available would they hire 2 men who look so similar, unless perhaps there will eventually be a reason for it?  

I’ll hang in there mainly because I’ve invested too much time to give it up....for now.

Also I enjoy reading your synopsis.  It makes what should be...but isn’t...an (almost) enjoyable experience!  Ha!🙄😩

Thanks again.😊

Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac @Help!  I just watched episode 7 and I read and tried to understand what the heck was going on.

You have a way of putting into words what is important on this show.

My Head is spinning, yet I feel like I’m in Brokeback Mountain ( the movie) when he said, “I wish I knew how to quit you”.

So...please put it into words my pea brain can understand...is it me or is this #$&@ show beyond help?

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66  

I finally gave up .... maybe I'm watching too many shows now, but this one just isn't holding my interest.

Hmm .... maybe I'll look up in the TV listings when the Bourne trilogy will be airing ....  I never got confused with those!

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44  I feel your pain.  I even went on various web sites to read synopsis of Season 1, episode 7 and I STILL didn't understand what the heck was going on.

There is no way this show is going to go ahead with season 2.  If so I honestly would love to know who is watching and understanding the thing!

I (like you) watch a lot of shows.  But I can honestly say I have never watched a show that flips back and forth and around as much as this thing does.

AND to top all of it off it seems to me like two of the somewhat-main characters (the males) look too much alike.

I keep thinking the guy with the woman (that's now old and has a finger missing) must be really old by now like she is....that's the only way I know they're going back in time yet again!

My brain says to stop watching it....but maybe I'll have a brain (think what comes out the backside and expells air) and I'll suddenly know what the hay is going on.

I admit I'm not the brightest lightbulb when it comes to figuring out easy shows, but this one is way beyond ..... well...(I don't even know what to say).

I wonder how many episodes are left?  I'll check into that....

Take care and have a happy Thanksgiving.  I don't think there's much hope for me if you've given up.  You are a better thinker than I am so if you gave up....what hope is there for me!  Ha!

Fondly, Annabellethecat.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Annabellethecat66 

It seems I did forget a subplot.....

Subplot #6

African girl taxi driver/journalist.  I have no clue what is going on w/her.  At first she was running around England w/2 other folks.  Now 1 is dead & the other left her?  African girl taxi driver/journalist is now flying out to Russia to find out what Treadstone is?

I am clueless about this subplot. 

Another thing I am confused about is the Russian women w/the missing pinkie.  We have seen her young & middle aged.  Her assassin/sleeper lover when young.  I do not remember seeing him in current time when he should be middle aged?  Have you? I suspect he is now dead.

"I even went on various web sites to read synopsis of Season 1, episode 7 and I STILL didn't understand what the heck was going on."

copy/paste link--->readysteadycut.com/2019/11/27/treadstone-season-1-episode-7-recap/

EDIT:  If there is a season 2, I will not be watching.  I cannot keep up w/all these sleeper assassins.  Jason Bourne movies were easy to follow because he was the ONLY sleeper that "awoke.

This Tredstone series, it appears there are hundreds or maybe thousands of these assassin sleepers being woken 1 at a time in "current timeline."

Honored Contributor

1 other thing about Treadstone which I find confusing ......

This series is implying that Treastone was STARTED in Russia not in the USofA which is implied in the Jason Bourne movies.  USofA are "copycats."

Honored Contributor

Well, apparently I was right!  There are hundreds of cicadas/assassins located all around the world.  Some purposely awoken & some still sleeping.

I did not expect......

Spoiler
the Afro-British journalist to be one of them! Smiley Surprised

Trusted Contributor

My husband watches every week.  I've never seen it. I don't care for shows like that.