Respected Contributor

WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE returns on TLC this Sunday!

TLC's Who Do You Think You Are starts again this Sunday, July 26, 2015 at 9:00pm EDT.  The first episode is about Ginnifer Goodwin.  Next Sunday will feature J.K. Rowling.  Other stars to be featured this season are:  Bryan  Cranston, Tom Bergeron and Alfre Woodard!

Enjoy!Cat Very Happy

I'm not short...I'm fun size!
Respected Contributor

Re: WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE returns on TLC this Sunday!

Thank you for the heads up!  I love that show. Unfortunately it interferes with Poldark!  I guess I'll have to watch one of them later. 

Honored Contributor

I know someone who says the reason you don't see any African American people on there is because they had Shaq O'Neill on there and he found out that his ancestors in Africa sold to the traders.

I don't watch the show (I saw maybe 2 of them).  Did anyone else see this show she talks about?  I am wondering if what she says about any of this is true?

I would think this show is heavily audited so no negative things come out about these famous people.

Respected Contributor

Hi Annabelle,

I looked back on past seasons and Shaq O'Neal was not featured in any six previous seasons of this show.  Perhaps your friend remembers if he was featured on a similar show.  Now, Alfre Woodard will be on this season and she is an African American actress. It seems like they have featured a variety of celebrities each season and they all seem to discover both the hardships and triumphs that their ancestors had to endure. 

Honored Contributor

Thanks Pandalady.  I just went back and looked at the history since the first season and they've had plenty of African Americans on the show.

I don't know what my friend is talking about.  I do know that history shows that actually did happen but I doubt they would be that explicit on TV.

I'm sure that show (as is everything) is heavily audited.  I would think the star gives the rights to do this with the idea that they have final approval (depending on what it is).  No one in their right mind who is a big star would let some things come out.

Anyway, thanks for your response and not attacking me (some would).  I should have gone into the history of it.  I have a feeling it may have been the football player in the first season (Emitt Smith).

I did see Vanessa something (Miss America).  It was a very good episode.  I've seen several of them, but they seem to drag on sometimes and as I've said here I have a short attention span.

It is really good publicity for the web site.

Respected Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

Thanks Pandalady.  I just went back and looked at the history since the first season and they've had plenty of African Americans on the show.

I don't know what my friend is talking about.  I do know that history shows that actually did happen but I doubt they would be that explicit on TV.

I'm sure that show (as is everything) is heavily audited.  I would think the star gives the rights to do this with the idea that they have final approval (depending on what it is).  No one in their right mind who is a big star would let some things come out.

Anyway, thanks for your response and not attacking me (some would).  I should have gone into the history of it.  I have a feeling it may have been the football player in the first season (Emitt Smith).

I did see Vanessa something (Miss America).  It was a very good episode.  I've seen several of them, but they seem to drag on sometimes and as I've said here I have a short attention span.

It is really good publicity for the web site.

You're very welcome, dear!  I believe in building one another up not tearing each other down!Cat Very Happy  Have a blessed evening!

Honored Contributor

I agree Pandalady!