Trusted Contributor

WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE? returns May 21st

I am so happy to see that WDYTYA will return on Monday, May 21st on TLC at 9 pm.

There will only be 6 episodes.  The celebrities featured are:  Hilary Duff, Jean Smart, Jon Cryer, Laverne Cox, Megan Mullaly, and Molly Shannon.

Respected Contributor

Re: WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE? returns May 21st

I love this program .....

Respected Contributor

Thanks for the heads up. I love this show too. 

Trusted Contributor

Thank you so much for posting this. I remembered it came on at the end of winter so I have been checking every week and finding nothing. Plus it used to be on Sundays so I probably never would have looked for it in a Monday night. I find it to be a very interesting show. Looking forward to this season.

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx
Esteemed Contributor

I do like the show. I wonder if these celebs also do DNA testing to find long lost relatives since website like Ancestry offer them at a price. Or do they just rely on geneology to find out their past relatives.

Trusted Contributor

@dawg lover Thanks so much for the reminder. Love the show 

Honored Contributor

Even though I do watch it and find it interesting, I think it's just an hour long infomercial for Ancestry.

I find genealogy so frustrating.  I've only gone back as far as my great grandparents and left it at that.

I have never been able to find any information about my grandfather arriving in this country.  The little bit I do have about him is from the census records and his church marriage record to my grandmother.

Honored Contributor

Thanks for the reminder.  I'm pretty sure it was on this show that (I think) it was LL Cool J (who is one of my favorite people (I have so many)), found out that the person who raised him was actually his Aunt or something like that.  Can't remember the exact story, but it was interesting.

Also, I remember there have been a very few African Americans who found out they were not related to slaves.

One thing that stuck in my brain (maybe because she's so fantastic) is Angela Basset walked the land that her relatives were on and did an amazing African American ritual about blessing the land.  It was so moving and (as always) I learned something.