Honored Contributor

I started too watch,but i feel so sorry for the little girl, hope i can keep watching.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

This was one time I thought the movie was better than the book. 

Honored Contributor

Why did the boyfriend not come back,as promised,and where is she getting her clothes,if she is poor?

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Respected Contributor

@GRANNY77  Excellent surprise ending.

Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

Why did the boyfriend not come back,as promised,and where is she getting her clothes,if she is poor?

He didn't come back because he was a louse, if you ask me! I guess he got all tied up with (was it college, it's been a while since I read it) or whatever-guess he forgot all about her and when things wore off he thought about her. As I recall he didn't come to see her right away-probably afraid to!

In the book no mention of her wardrobe but she might have made enough money at her little job to buy some clothes. And didn't she have a sister? Could have gotten something from her. I may be wrong about that.

Respected Contributor

DH & I watched it Sunday evening and totally enjoyed it. First time in a long time we enjoyed a movie.

Jumpin's wife (store owners) I can not recall her name , but she ran the church donations and gave Kya appropriate items. They helped her as much as they could.

Tate(?) --the one who loved her stated when he did come back that he did not think she could thrive away from the marsh.IMO this had some merit, but he could have handled it better.Smiley Happy

I have the book on Audible . When I found out it was free on Netflix I figured my husband would like it so we watched. It is a great story with beautiful scenery and music .I may finish the book also.

I enjoyed Daisy-Edgar Jones (Kya) in the movie Under the Banner of Heaven(title?) The actor that played her lawyer in Crawdads is one of our favorites also.

Honored Contributor

@okaywitheasypay wrote:

DH & I watched it Sunday evening and totally enjoyed it. First time in a long time we enjoyed a movie.

Jumpin's wife (store owners) I can not recall her name , but she ran the church donations and gave Kya appropriate items. They helped her as much as they could.

Tate(?) --the one who loved her stated when he did come back that he did not think she could thrive away from the marsh.IMO this had some merit, but he could have handled it better.Smiley Happy

I have the book on Audible . When I found out it was free on Netflix I figured my husband would like it so we watched. It is a great story with beautiful scenery and music .I may finish the book also.

I enjoyed Daisy-Edgar Jones (Kya) in the movie Under the Banner of Heaven(title?) The actor that played her lawyer in Crawdads is one of our favorites also.

You are so right! Guess it's been too long since I read the book.

Loved the couple who ran the store. (movie)So cute.

Tate? I didn't remember what he told her but how lame an excuse was that?? Be a man and come tell her!

Respected Contributor

Watched this film last evening...it was absolutely beautiful!