Esteemed Contributor

Re: WHERE THE BOYS ARE (1960)

Wish I had known this was on - sorry I missed it - one of my very favorites.

Contributor

I watched it reminiscing...  I moved to Ft Lauderdale with my family in 1968 at the age of 17.  It was such a lovely time to live there.  Though 8 years after the movie was made, Lauderdale was still a small and charming town.  Love the movie.  Brings back memories.  Bless Connie Frances.  She lives up in Palm Beach County now.

Esteemed Contributor

Love that movie.  It and Palm Springs weekend.  Watched it yesterday and recorded it.  Also watched Sunday in New York.  Another favorite of mine.

Esteemed Contributor

I caught most of the movie yesterday...one of my favorites even though the ratings weren't that great for it.

I thought the scene with Yvette Mimieux in the Motel where the guy forces himself on her was pretty daring for the time.

Loved the dresses!

Valued Contributor

@GingerPeach , you made me buy it and Girl Happy online just now!!!

Honored Contributor

I remember only the song.  I loved it.  Apparently I saw pieces of the movie years later.  We never played the radio.  I was in third grade.

Respected Contributor

Previously I saw bits and pieces of the movie, last night was the first time I saw the entire thing. I can't say I loved it, but it was OK.

I have to say that Dolores Hart was gorgeous, she had the most beautiful blue eyes. And Yvette Mimieux was absolutely radiant on screen. George Hamilton sure was handsome back then, too. 

Honored Contributor

@luvmybeetle wrote:

I do remember the movie.  Loved it.  Connie Francis was raped in her hotel room a few years later. She was never the same after.  She was my favorite. 

I remember that.  It is true she was never the same, poor thing.  I do remember seeing her on ****** Clark sometime after it happened.  She was not the same.  Sad.

Honored Contributor

This movie was released before I was born but the first time I saw it I thought I missed out on a wonderful time to be a "grown up."  I loved that movie and watched it whenever it came on.  Going off with your girlfriends on a trip and no parents, Wow what a life.  Later as I grew up I realized all the hard undertones of the movie.  So much said in the movie without having to say it or show it the way movies are done now.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

Were we to assume that Melanie was not going to press any charges on the guy who assaulted her, of course he would say it was consentual, she had fallen for the guy saying he was a Yalie, as she put it!