Esteemed Contributor

I love Bette Midler but her dress had to go.

Respected Contributor

@bootsanneYes, I miss Joan, especially at this events.

“If we couldn’t laugh we would all go insane.”- Jimmy Buffet
Honored Contributor

@RainCityWoman wrote:

Yes, I hated the ugly gold dress too. Glenn Close is far too vibrant of a 70 something to settle for that. I guess it weighed a ton as well. However, if you want to talk strange and unattractive, I'd refer you to the fashion commentator on E Network who had on a black and pink polka dotted Little Bo Peep meets Victoria's Secret gown. It was this voluminous froth of polka dots with a deep scooped neckline which was offset by some kind of black lace leotard that came up to her neck. And  SHE had the nerve to comment on the fashion of others???

@RainCityWoman -Yes I saw her, that dress was hideous! It reminded me of Maya Rudolph's dress, and Kacey Musgraves Dress as well.......Just awful and SHE had the nerve commenting on others....She is British I believe-can't think of her name....

Honored Contributor

She said it weighed 40 lbs.

Honored Contributor

Maya always dresses like that....no matter where she's going or what she's doing.  I think she's attractive and funny as can be, but (in my opinion) her clothes....well...they do nothing for her.

Honored Contributor

And here I thought this thread title was going to be about the trashy "dress" worn by Kendall Jenner (with nothing underneath).  Why didn't she just show up naked and be done with it?  And all that fabric dragging on the ground.  I'm surprised she didn't catch a heel in it and break a leg.

I'll take Glenn Close's classy look any day over the Jenners and Kartrashians.

Respected Contributor

I think she wanted to look like the color of the statue. Gold Oscar

Honored Contributor

@LilacTree That is EXACTLY what I thought when I saw her! Did she want to match the Oscar she thought she'd get?

I like her but her stylist should be fired...yesterday!

Esteemed Contributor

I like Glenn, but the gold color washed her own face coloring out!  She looked quite pale.  And dragging around that cape/train piece..she even looked tired!!

And then there was Kendall's so called dress!!  Even as a shocker...so inappropriate and disgraceful!  She is such a lovely, pretty young woman....hate that she is lowering herself to her family's scumbag level!!

Honored Contributor

She was most likely thinking - "My outfit will be the topic on the Q chat site so should I wear this or not?"   LMAO

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh