Super Contributor

Forget the women - what was Spike Lee thinking?  He looked like the offspring of Prince and the Captain from The  Captain and Tenille.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Wahoogaz wrote:

Forget the women - what was Spike Lee thinking?  He looked like the offspring of Prince and the Captain from The  Captain and Tenille.

I heard it mentioned on the TV today that part of his outfit was a nod to Prince; the pendant he wore around his neck was the symbol Prince used and probably the purple was for "Purple Rain".  So I don't think his outfit was accidental.

I was pleased for him that he finally won an Oscar.  Then my feelings changed with his inexcuseable tantrum and shenanigans, when "Green Book" was announced as the winner for film of the year.  He should've had the grace to keep his feelings to himself until he was in private.  He had his moment - he should've let the producer and writers of "Green Book" have theirs.

He dropped several notches in my estimation.

Honored Contributor

I know I’m late to the party for this conversation but WHY TRAINS?

If you thought you were going to receive an award, why would you want a big floppy floor soiled mess of fabric hanging off you?

And there were SO MANY OF THEM!

Glenn Close’s GOWN was great looking, but she should have hacked the train off in the dressing room and left it there in case Carol Burnett showed up looking for drapes.