Super Contributor
"she saw it in a window and just had to have it" (Carol Burnett Show on a curtain with attached rod)
Super Contributor
tacky...and too pointed to 'win' the Oscar statue...
Trusted Contributor

@Sweet_Serenity wrote:

Glenn Close: Long overdue "Oscar" Deserves the one this evening and many more previously. Can't wait hearing her acceptance speech. Congratulations! Glenn 🥂🍾👏

Congrats not in order.   If you fell asleep, she didn't win.

Esteemed Contributor

@Love my grandkids wrote:

Going through a bunch of photos on Yahoo of celebs' fashions.

What was Glenn Close thinking in that awful gold getup?

It makes her look like an old matron wearing her grandmother's drapes. I'm 71 so I feel free to say that.

I like her as an actress but whoever put in that outfit should be fired.

The dress weighed 42 lbs. I thought it looked bad. I wonder what some of these actors and actresses think when they look in the mirror. Some of these dresses were not even remotely attractive. If I was a fashion designer, I would be embarrassed about my designs.

Honored Contributor

I didn't feel that was flattering on her either.  She is a lovely woman and this did not enhance her beauty --- at all. 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

I didn't care for Glenn's dress this year.

Esteemed Contributor

Didn't care for Glenn Close's dress for the Oscars - the one for the after party looked so much better on her.

The gold one was just too much fabric - had she left off the cape/train thing it probably would have looked nicer.

Valued Contributor

Joan Rivers would have had a field day this year.  

Esteemed Contributor

Yes, I hated the ugly gold dress too. Glenn Close is far too vibrant of a 70 something to settle for that. I guess it weighed a ton as well. However, if you want to talk strange and unattractive, I'd refer you to the fashion commentator on E Network who had on a black and pink polka dotted Little Bo Peep meets Victoria's Secret gown. It was this voluminous froth of polka dots with a deep scooped neckline which was offset by some kind of black lace leotard that came up to her neck. And  SHE had the nerve to comment on the fashion of others???

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

She obviously thought she was going to win the Oscar, so she dressed like one.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986