Honored Contributor

OMGosh......Please watch Kelly and Ryan Live Friday, Dec. 3  episode featuring this incredible young-ish actress Rachel Zegler.

What a talented actor. She plays 'Maria' in West Side Story, and actually sang all of 'Maria's'  songs!   I'm very impressed.

'Anyway', there is also going to be a '20-20' episode Sunday night featuring the behind the scenes of the new West Side Story.

Looks as though this new remake of West Side Story will be a winner!  Wishing them success.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

Re: WEST SIDE STORY !! (new)

[ Edited ]

For me there is no improving on sheer perfection, and the version from 1961 is and will always be perfect!! 11 Academy Awards. 

Honored Contributor

On this coming Sunday (12/5) there will be an episode of 20/20 (ABC) that is all about the 'behind the scenes' of this new production.  It looks interesting.

Honored Contributor

Every time I hear something mentioned about the new WSS it's raving about it, saying how good it is.

Trusted Contributor

I am excited to see this.  I had "One Hand One Heart" sung at my wedding.

Respected Contributor

I tend to agree with @Shelbelle but I heard Roger Friedman reviewing the movie and now not so sure. First of all Spielberg built the sets in New Jersey, but he made it appear  to look exactly like the area around Lincoln Center before Lincoln Center. He said the movie was perfect. That's a big deal coming from a movie critic. He also thought it will win a ton of academy awards.

Honored Contributor

I think that what prompted me to become excited about this new remake of West Side Story is today's interview with guest Rachel Zegler on 'Kelly and Ryan Live' show.

Seriously, I do wish that anyone who is even slightly interested in WSS please watch this guest interview with Rachel.

Kelly and Ryan were even more impressed when they asked her if it is really her (Rachel) who actually sang the songs (via a clip), and she answered 'Yes'.  

Well, enjoy the 20/20 interview Sunday, and hopefully the upcoming Movie!

'

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

I wonder if they have updated it to today or if the story is still from the time in the late 50's when it was first written. 

Honored Contributor

@ROMARY wrote:

OMGosh......Please watch Kelly and Ryan Live Friday, Dec. 3  episode featuring this incredible young-ish actress Rachel Zegler.

What a talented actor. She plays 'Maria' in West Side Story, and actually sang all of 'Maria's'  songs!   I'm very impressed.

'Anyway', there is also going to be a '20-20' episode Sunday night featuring the behind the scenes of the new West Side Story.

Looks as though this new remake of West Side Story will be a winner!  Wishing them success.

Wasn't she a delight today, @ROMARY ? 

I also saw (forgot where) an interview with the young woman who plays the new Anita, Ariana deBose. She was also funny and well-spoken.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Shelbelle 

West Side Story was my absolute favorite movie from

the 60's. I loved Natalie Wood and George Chakiris.

Rita Mareno was on the view and showed a clip with

her in the new production. She was Anita in the original movie.

I hope that the new production is well done.