Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

@colliemom4 wrote:

@sunshine 919 wrote:

I wonder why they moved from the farm house and also what does the dad do for a living/  He is so strange and the mom just seems to have issues with listening to anybody.  I am surprised that Moriah can visit with her boyfriend.

@sunshine 919  He's a transportation planner and works in a bigger town in Florida. They are in Georgia but live near Florida. I'm not certain what the particular job entails.

I don't know why they left the farm, but they have it for rent for vacationers. I'm not certain how many seasons you've watched, but Kim's talked about being an only child and living with her neglectful alcoholic mom. She also said she partied a lot and didn't want her kids doing it. She thinks having one drink is evil due to her experiences. Regardless of her background I stil don't like her. She and the dad are both brainwashed weirdos.

Moriah took off as a teen because she always felt like the black sheep of the family and her strained relationship with her mom. I'm surprised they allow her and her boyfriend to be a part of their family but maybe it's because of the fall out with Ethan and Olivia.

Thank you Colliemom4.  I wonder what the dads story is.  Remember when Ethan was so mad at him I thought Ethan was going to hit him and the dad had no emotion at all.  I wonder what all has happened with or to Ethan.  He is so angry.  I also thought it was weird that when all that was happening that the mom did not try to calm her son down.  It is like there is no empathy there.  The younger kids must be so confused.  Lidia is so sweet I don't think mentally she can take a lot of drama.

Honored Contributor

@colliemom4 wrote:

Here is a listing with pics of the farm house for rentals.

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/39961821?source_impression_id=p3_1614554366_3W%2Fccxzj9tZjD1f8&guests=1... 

Thanks for posting.  It is a nice placeSmiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@sunshine 919 wrote:

@colliemom4 wrote:

@sunshine 919 wrote:

I wonder why they moved from the farm house and also what does the dad do for a living/  He is so strange and the mom just seems to have issues with listening to anybody.  I am surprised that Moriah can visit with her boyfriend.

@sunshine 919  He's a transportation planner and works in a bigger town in Florida. They are in Georgia but live near Florida. I'm not certain what the particular job entails.

I don't know why they left the farm, but they have it for rent for vacationers. I'm not certain how many seasons you've watched, but Kim's talked about being an only child and living with her neglectful alcoholic mom. She also said she partied a lot and didn't want her kids doing it. She thinks having one drink is evil due to her experiences. Regardless of her background I stil don't like her. She and the dad are both brainwashed weirdos.

Moriah took off as a teen because she always felt like the black sheep of the family and her strained relationship with her mom. I'm surprised they allow her and her boyfriend to be a part of their family but maybe it's because of the fall out with Ethan and Olivia.

Thank you Colliemom4.  I wonder what the dads story is.  Remember when Ethan was so mad at him I thought Ethan was going to hit him and the dad had no emotion at all.  I wonder what all has happened with or to Ethan.  He is so angry.  I also thought it was weird that when all that was happening that the mom did not try to calm her son down.  It is like there is no empathy there.  The younger kids must be so confused.  Lidia is so sweet I don't think mentally she can take a lot of drama.

@sunshine 919  All I know is the parents met through their cult religion. I'm thinking he may just be brainwashed? I do recall Ethan being angry with his parents and he still is. The dad appears to be very weak. Kim's definitely the boss and she seems to have ice water running through her veins. Lydia has a very lovable personality. Unfortunately I think most of these kids are going to have some deep long term issues.

Honored Contributor

@CalMom wrote:

I've watched from the beginning.

I wanted to point out that there was a young son that died when Kim backed out of the driveway.  This was discussed a few times in the prior season.

I just googled this and it said his name was Josh and he was 17 months old and he was injured in a farming accident. However, Kim said that she ran him over and I remember this very well. Extremely sad and Kim had tears in her eyes when she shared this story.

This family gives me the creeps. Just like many of these ultra conservative fanatical families, the children are not educated well and fall far behind their peers.

I thought the state requires specific educational programs and regular reporting.

Again, I am not sure as each state could run differently.

The issue with these families (as in the case of the Duggars), they marry very early just so they could have sex, or even kiss.  The Duggars require side hugs. Josh Duggar, with all his illegal behavior, I still feel that he learned this behavior from someone. Perhaps, the dad, Jim Bob as he strikes me as peculiar.

The Plath father, Barry is extremely odd. Didn't they say that they (Kim & Barry) had premarital sex and did drugs before changing their lifestyle?

Mica is indeed good looking as well as his sister, Moriah with the boyfriend. She has thinner hair so I think the black underneath are hair extentions that I don't think look that great. However, she is very pretty. I do like the fact that Moriah and her boyfriend kiss at the table. At least, the younger kids will see affection.

Lydia apparently texted a male friend 165 times one day and Kim actually counted. Lydia is 17 and probably will be exiting the household very soon (hopefully) without the prayer closet.

Ethan and his wife obviously want to live in different areas which would present a problem for any young couple. However, it was noted that Olivia stated that Ethan and she were still together (recently). I think TLC wants to show more drama.

Many of us don't necessarily come from the best families like myself. However, my family is very sane compared to this family. OMG!

@CalMom  Glad you are watching. I do recall Kim running over her son. That's so very sad and I would not wish that upon anyone. I don't remember anything about Barry and Kim having premarital sex but I could be wrong. Most of these people know each very briefly and go right into marriage. However Kim did drink and I think she did drugs. I can't recall if Barry participated.

One does wonder about Josh Duggar. I read that his dad is spending a tremendous amount of money on his defense but the government has such a good case against him. I don't see him getting out of it. He has commanded his wife to stay with him in his guardian's home until his trial in Nov. Her kids are staying elsewhere. In that religion you can't say no to a man.

That's funny about Lydia and all the texts. I hope she finds happiness and moves far away lol.