Esteemed Contributor

Re: WEAKEST LINK - NEW VERSION - 9/29/20

I remember the version of this show with a British host. It was OK but definitely not must-see TV. I tuned in to watch Jane Lynch and she was obviously playing the part of a nasty female dog. I didn't care for it at all. I tune in to a quiz show to turn my mind away from all the bad news that we're bombarded with. I don't need to see any more nastiness. 

Honored Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

Jane Lynch started out as the s ex therapist on Boston Legal. 

@Shelbelle Oh, that is a series I loved. William Shatner, right? Seems so long ago. And Spader (can't remember his first name). Those two were a hoot!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@World Traveler wrote:

@Shelbelle wrote:

@Shelbelle Oh, that is a series I loved. William Shatner, right? Seems so long ago. And Spader (can't remember his first name). Those two were a hoot!

Oh yes, from 2004 to 2008, Wm Shatner as Denny Crane and James Spader as Alan Shore, they would have a final scene each episode with these 2 up on the office roof smoking cigars and having a conversation that were probably the best TV dialogs ever written. 

Valued Contributor

I SAW IT WAS BORING   JUST LIKE DANCING

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Jane Lynch is trying to be like Anne Robinson, so serious but she doesn't pull it off as well.  Comes off fake.

I liked the contestants; they had quirky personalities.

I DVRed next weeks show and see if I want to watch anymore after that.

I can't believe they didn't bank more.  Paltry is right like Jane Lynch said!!

Esteemed Contributor

@elizabethl123 wrote:

I SAW IT WAS BORING   JUST LIKE DANCING

I watched a bit and got bored as well.

Honored Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

@World Traveler wrote:

@Shelbelle wrote:

Oh yes, from 2004 to 2008, Wm Shatner as Denny Crane and James Spader as Alan Shore, they would have a final scene each episode with these 2 up on the office roof smoking cigars and having a conversation that were probably the best TV dialogs ever written. 

@Shelbelle The smoking cigars sessions at the end of each episode were so, so good. Actually, some pretty good stuff was uttered. Those times were the only times I thought we saw the REAL Denny Crane.

Honored Contributor

I was put off by the snide remarks made by the contestants when they were voted out.  I'd prefer they just back away form the podium and gracefully take their leave without comment.  Won't be tuning in again.

Honored Contributor

really enjoyed it and i do like jane lynch.

will be watching it regularly.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

Ranked #1 on the internet.

Screen Shot 2020-10-08 at 9.12.22 AM.png