Reply
Respected Contributor
Posts: 3,160
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

WEAKEST LINK - NEW VERSION - 9/29/20

Anyone going to watch?  I will give it a try.  Not a big fan of Jane Lynch though.  I liked the original w/Anne Robinson. I just Googled Anne Robinson and she basically looks the same but older.  Of course who doesn't except me?  LOL.

Valued Contributor
Posts: 513
Registered: ‎04-21-2015

Re: WEAKEST LINK - NEW VERSION - 9/29/20

I will give it a try. I liked the old shows with the male host better. I can't remember his name. Anne spoke too fast but overall I enjoyed the show. Thank you for letting me know that it will be back on.

Respected Contributor
Posts: 3,160
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: WEAKEST LINK - NEW VERSION - 9/29/20

[ Edited ]

@Luvtuna wrote:

I will give it a try. I liked the old shows with the male host better. I can't remember his name. Anne spoke too fast but overall I enjoyed the show. Thank you for letting me know that it will be back on.


@Luvtuna 

 

Don't remember the other host at all.  It must have been after Anne Robinson.  Just Googled and it was George Gray (syndicated). 

Valued Contributor
Posts: 513
Registered: ‎04-21-2015

Re: WEAKEST LINK - NEW VERSION - 9/29/20


@SWEET wrote:

@Luvtuna wrote:

I will give it a try. I liked the old shows with the male host better. I can't remember his name. Anne spoke too fast but overall I enjoyed the show. Thank you for letting me know that it will be back on.


@Luvtuna 

 

Don't remember the other host at all.  It must have been after Anne Robinson.  Just Googled and it was George Gray (syndicated). 


Thank you. I was wracking my brain trying to remember his name.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 17,491
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: WEAKEST LINK - NEW VERSION - 9/29/20

I had to google a video to remember how this show worked.  I remembered the name, but that was all.

 

It was all about Anne and the insults.  

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor
Posts: 14,437
Registered: ‎03-16-2010

Re: WEAKEST LINK - NEW VERSION - 9/29/20

I never cared for this show, I also have had my fill of Jane Lynch, so I won't be watching.

Respected Contributor
Posts: 2,632
Registered: ‎04-03-2010

Re: WEAKEST LINK - NEW VERSION - 9/29/20


@SWEET wrote:

Anyone going to watch?  I will give it a try.  Not a big fan of Jane Lynch though.  I liked the original w/Anne Robinson. I just Googled Anne Robinson and she basically looks the same but older.  Of course who doesn't except me?  LOL.


I agree w/you.  I thought The Weakest Link sounded familiar.  As I recall the show, I remember the female host who always wore a long frock, had a very short haircut and seemed very serious, and the panelists all stood at their podiums in a circle, but other than that, I really don't remember what the show was about. 

 

So I too may give this a shot, even though, like most others, not a Jane Lynch fan.  I'm tired of all this Zoom stuff and seeing people in their living rooms.

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Honored Contributor
Posts: 14,765
Registered: ‎03-15-2014

Re: WEAKEST LINK - NEW VERSION - 9/29/20

The lady who hosted the earlier version of Weakest Link was just great - with her British accent and condescending demeanor.  I don't know if Jane Lynch will live up to her predecessor, but am sure she'll try.

t

Honored Contributor
Posts: 12,236
Registered: ‎02-02-2015

Re: WEAKEST LINK - NEW VERSION - 9/29/20

I watched the first episode and enjoyed it as much as I did when Anne was the host. I think they have kept it very near what the original game show was. I also think Jane Lynch is a good replacement for Anne Robinson. She does the sarcastic remarks very well, can have that dead-pan look on her face, and even though she is probably fed the comments/cracks to make, is very quick witted, even on other shows I have seen her.

 

I first got to know about Jane when she was the psychologist for Two and a Half Men with Charlie Sheen. She was so dead-pan in her looks at Charlie and her comments. Perfect for that part. She carried that over into Glee and other programs she has been on.

 

I will continue to watch. Not a must-see, but definitely something I will watch if I can.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 29,536
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: WEAKEST LINK - NEW VERSION - 9/29/20

Jane Lynch started out as the s ex therapist on Boston Legal.