Honored Contributor

Re: WEAKEST LINK - NEW VERSION - 9/29/20

[ Edited ]

I'm enjoying it and will continue to watch.

But some of the contestants!  "What well-known poet wrote Leaves of Grass?"

Answer:  "Lee Harvey Oswald?"  REALLY?

"What continent has no snakes?"  "Bermuda"?  Woman Surprised

Honored Contributor

I'm sure if any of us were up on the stage with a spotlight on us, knowing that we were being viewed by the TV audience, that our minds could occasionally go blank like some of the contestants, and we would just blurt out anything, even though we know the what we say isn't correct.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@World Traveler wrote:

I'm sure if any of us were up on the stage with a spotlight on us, knowing that we were being viewed by the TV audience, that our minds could occasionally go blank like some of the contestants, and we would just blurt out anything, even though we know the what we say isn't correct.

@World Traveler 

I agree since I would or know some of these answers and my mind goes blank especially if I was on stage with pressure on me.

Respected Contributor

I tried to watch, but it was painful. I won't tune in again.😣

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Some are really funny, though.

The question regarding the man wearing a fez:

QUESTION: The hat was named for what town in Morocco?

ANSWER:  Hat.

There is a lot of trivia in this show; I wouldn't "bank" on a high IQ as an indicator as to who would win.  Many questions are generic trivia.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Respected Contributor

The questions seem to get tougher as the show narrows down the players.  These are mostly younger people who aren't familiar w/the trivia that us older folks know.  Not knowing Lee Harvey Oswald is bewildering to me, but if they weren't alive in the 60's and not into American History they just wouldn't know.

I agree they are under the gun to answer these random questions, and some of them waste so much time and get the answer wrong anyway, they are better off just saying "I don't know" and moving along (if they are allowed to say that). 

Why they bank so early in the rounds is dumb, can't get any decent $$ w/1 or 2 thousand dollar banks.  I'd like to see them just once get all the way up the chain.  Wonder if that has ever happened?

I wouldn't do well on Jeopardy, but I might have a shot if I got on this show!!  Woman Tongue

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Honored Contributor

@jellyBEAN There was one program with Anne Robinson where the chain wasn't broken until somewhere like halfway up the ladder. My recollection is that the first season they were more adventurous about not banking sooner. This year they are banking much sooner, it seems to me. 

Since it is mentioned when deciding who to get rid of, this person or that person banks more money, I assume the contestants are trying to wager they won't get voted of because they got the team money along the way. Could be wrong on that.

Honored Contributor

It just wouldn't be the same w/o that other woman, who was so horrible. 

Good bye!!

Honored Contributor

I tried watching it but just couldn't get past Jane Lynch impersonating Anne Robinson. 

It  came off as fake to me.

Anne Robinson was perfect for the show with her stern but kind of funny  personality.