Contributor

Re: WAYWARD PINES - Will There Be A Second Season?

Hey annabelle!  I think I want to know because I am an admitted control freak, and this is a way to find out if I want to go there or not!!  Definitely helps when there is any kind of animal abuse or intensed animal abuse.  I run from that stuff!

Since the info's out on this thread, I am posting the Wiki synposis, may help to explain what happened:

The aberrations get in as Pilcher turns off power to the fence. Ethan and Kate team up with some civilians to save as many citizens as possible. Those who are able run to the bunker under Plot 33, and go through a series of tunnels ending in the mountain complex. Jason Higgins and the young men from "Class One" escape their cells and head to safety. Pilcher explains to Pam why he shut off the fence—to wipe the town clean and later awaken "Group C". When Pam objects, Pilcher decides to freeze her, causing a rebellion among the volunteers who reawaken Pam. She then kills Pilcher. The people are not yet safe as the abbies chase after them inside the mountain complex. Ethan sacrifices himself to blow up the abbies in the process of saving everyone else. Ben is injured and wakes up in the hospital three years later, with Amy, now a nurse, telling him not to speak too loudly as "they" are watching. Jason and Class One had over-run the complex, and froze all of the adults. As Ben walks through the town, he sees young families and that Jason has became the sheriff. Held up on lamp posts are bodies, with signs attached to them saying "do not try to leave".
Honored Contributor

whitelinen.....how's this for Karma for me....OK, so I watch several shows at the same time.  I had DVR'd Wayward Pines but when it was 3/4 over I deleted it (up to then) and pushed the red copy button.  It said it was copying it but for some reason it didn't copy the last 1/4 of it.  

I'm going to go to the ON DEMAND but I have to go through all of it!  Thanks for the synopsis.  I'll read it.

Honored Contributor

WOW!  Whitelinen.  I just read your post.  Ugh!  I guess if they did decide to do a new one it would be somewhat a repeat with the people of the town trying to escape all over again.

That was depressing.  Thanks.

Respected Contributor

Life doesn't have happy endings....

Respected Contributor

@Shogirl wrote:

I watched the whole series and enjoyed it, but am glad they ended it as they planned on in the beginning.  I thought the ending brought some closure and a surprise or two.  For those who thought it was weird or off-putting, all you need to know is who directed it - M. Night Shamalayan - enough said!   

I don't know if they ended the TV show as they originally planned, but the ending in the book is very different.

Honored Contributor

@lmt wrote:

As much as I'm enjoying the show, I really hope it doesn't come back for season 2. It really wouldn't be the same without the main characters.

Who's to say they won't be back? The actor's contract options ran out, but if they aren't booked for another job at the time of filming, they could easily come back. The story put them all in suspension and didn't kill them off.

Honored Contributor

@Allegedly wrote:
Ther is no way to keep this show going with the same intensity beyond 10 episodes.

However, I said the same thing with Broadchurch and I LOVED Season 2 so I may be eating those words next year. 😄

I was absolutely not expecting a season 2 of Broadchurch, but I think they did a great job with that one and I appreciated the way they wrapped up so many things. They gave a Series 3 a green light and Tennant and Colman were slated to come back, but I haven't heard any updates since February.

Honored Contributor

@whitelinen78

Just fyi, in case you weren't aware of it, the website doesthedogdie.com lets you know, before you watch, whether the dog in the story is harmed or killed.  It's saved me a lot of pain.  I can't stand programs where killing off a pet is just used as a plot point.   So far the site just tells us about movies.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Trusted Contributor

I hate it when a series does not come to a solution. RIP OFF.  I'm done.  No more DOME or PINES or WALKING DEAD.

Respected Contributor

@ChynnaBlue wrote:

@lmt wrote:

As much as I'm enjoying the show, I really hope it doesn't come back for season 2. It really wouldn't be the same without the main characters.

Who's to say they won't be back? The actor's contract options ran out, but if they aren't booked for another job at the time of filming, they could easily come back. The story put them all in suspension and didn't kill them off.

I posted this article yesterday. It's definitely not coming back to FOX. And as the last sentence says, it's unclear if they'll shop the show to another channel.

The latest news.....

Wayward Pines has been cancelled after one season.

FOX has decided not to move forward with a second season of Wayward Pines after billing tonight’s episode as the “series” rather than “season” finale.

The network has confirmed that Wayward Pines will now stand as a one-and done miniseries, despite discussions to renew the show for Season 2.

The cancellation of Wayward Pines wont be as a devastating as it could be from a plot perspective, as Season 1 was designed to tell a complete story in a similar vein to anthology series like True Detective and American Horror Story – no doubt something that appealed to FOX.

However, the show’s creator had long confirmed plans for Season 2, which would have featured a new story, but ultimately the network decided that ratings weren’t quite good enough to justify a second season.

While the show’s early ratings offered food for thought, Wayward Pines is an easy cancellation for FOX – a largely self-contained season that can double as a miniseries, and the fact that many viewers weren’t aware that Season 2 was even a possibility.

It’s currently unclear whether Wayward Pines will look for a new home elsewhere.