Honored Contributor

Re: WAYWARD PINES - Will There Be A Second Season?

I can't stand the younger blonde woman.  What's with her?  She has some kind of angle and I can't figure it out.

So, please say this show hasn't been renewed.  I like the show a lot but remember we here recently talked about how some shows go on way too long and should have ended sooner than they did.

I guess if it gets renewed we'll have to watch them every week fight these morphed people, (shoot, kill, fill in the fence, shoot, kill bla bla).

I hope they wrap it up and it ends.  How are they going to do that in 1 hour?

Respected Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

I can't stand the younger blonde woman.  What's with her?  She has some kind of angle and I can't figure it out.

So, please say this show hasn't been renewed.  I like the show a lot but remember we here recently talked about how some shows go on way too long and should have ended sooner than they did.

I guess if it gets renewed we'll have to watch them every week fight these morphed people, (shoot, kill, fill in the fence, shoot, kill bla bla).

I hope they wrap it up and it ends.  How are they going to do that in 1 hour?

dear Annabel if you don't care for it that much what matters if it lilngers...

others might like it and those that don't will just go away....

is it the neat packages in world, don't like disagreements or our of order...

What puzzle me why so many ready to give up on the moral compass... I say this because like it or not there are consequences that effect the soul for eternity, not just the here now, which for some do what is easy... yet it was those that honored the principles that sustained the quality of life and a nation. Because of the surrendering of the moral compass this world is quickly headed for annihilation for nothing is of value, nor worth living for... the Heathens will wipe out humanity ... Look a Wayward Pines those of many levels of various degrees soulless society ...

In this existence this is no eternal plan of happiness to look forward too after they leave the earth, to them when you dead your dead or just a zombie...

Honored Contributor

Like, what if the real reason they are enclosed is because the outside does still exist and the PTB have distorted reality to keep them all inside the town as an experiment. What if the Abbie's are a figment?
~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

java, As I'm sure you've figured I'm fond of you.  However, I don't understand what the fact that I'd like this show to end have to do with anything else.

Of course I read what happens.  

Honored Contributor

According to EVERYONE who knows this week's Wayward Pines is the last show.

Now I have read that in TV never say never because there has been some talk of coming back eventually with different actors and making the show that they've been frozen (whatever it is they did to the body) and they've been thawed and a new show begins.

That was probably just someone thinking out loud.

Anyway, we all need to enjoy the last episode.  I think it's time for this one to end.

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 here at our house, we discussed the "blonde woman."  IMO, this character is raising the issue of "What is the definition of a terrorist?"  In her opinion, anybody who challenges Dr. Pilcher is a terrorist.  So, are there other examples in this show of acts of terrorism?  I am thinking that whatever caused the downfall of all of the cities in America had to do with some form of terrorism... fodder for discussion purposes to ponder!

As it stands right now, it would be OK for me to be the last season.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

I can't wait until tonight for the finale. I bet they're going to leave some things open to interpretation. They probably won't tie up all the loose ends.

Respected Contributor

The latest news.....

Wayward Pines has been cancelled after one season.

FOX has decided not to move forward with a second season of Wayward Pines after billing tonight’s episode as the “series” rather than “season” finale.

The network has confirmed that Wayward Pines will now stand as a one-and done miniseries, despite discussions to renew the show for Season 2.

The cancellation of Wayward Pines wont be as a devastating as it could be from a plot perspective, as Season 1 was designed to tell a complete story in a similar vein to anthology series like True Detective and American Horror Story – no doubt something that appealed to FOX.

However, the show’s creator had long confirmed plans for Season 2, which would have featured a new story, but ultimately the network decided that ratings weren’t quite good enough to justify a second season.

While the show’s early ratings offered food for thought, Wayward Pines is an easy cancellation for FOX – a largely self-contained season that can double as a miniseries, and the fact that many viewers weren’t aware that Season 2 was even a possibility.

It’s currently unclear whether Wayward Pines will look for a new home elsewhere.

Honored Contributor

@lmt wrote:

The latest news.....

FOX has decided not to move forward with a second season of Wayward Pines after billing tonight’s episode as the “series” rather than “season” finale.

The network has confirmed that Wayward Pines will now stand as a one-and done miniseries, despite discussions to renew the show for Season 2.

The cancellation of Wayward Pines wont be as a devastating as it could be from a plot perspective, as Season 1 was designed to tell a complete story in a similar vein to anthology series like True Detective and American Horror Story – no doubt something that appealed to FOX.

However, the show’s creator had long confirmed plans for Season 2, which would have featured a new story, but ultimately the network decided that ratings weren’t quite good enough to justify a second season.

While the show’s early ratings offered food for thought, Wayward Pines is an easy cancellation for FOX – a largely self-contained season that can double as a miniseries, and the fact that many viewers weren’t aware that Season 2 was even a possibility.

It’s currently unclear whether Wayward Pines will look for a new home elsewhere.

@lmt wrote:

The latest news.....

Well at least we should have some closure. This show going forward would have been like True Detective an anthology series.

Respected Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

java, As I'm sure you've figured I'm fond of you.  However, I don't understand what the fact that I'd like this show to end have to do with anything else.

Of course I read what happens.  

Annabel to be honest I have not watched the last 3 shows something has happen in my life that some things no longer fit.... I read the Standard Works and watch the events go on planet earth so some works of entertainment no longer hold my interest...

One reason no matter how I tried to be an independent viewers so much today in trying to manipulate our minds....