Respected Contributor

WAYWARD PINES - Will There Be A Second Season?

Came across some articles about the show....

Originally slated to be a 10-episode miniseries, the twisting post-apocalyptic drama could continue to surprise viewers for a second season.

An adaptation of Blake Crouch's books, the summer series has seen an increase in ratings over its first four weeks, and Deadline believes Fox is preparing to discuss a renewal.

"There's a hint of it, but Wayward Pines was always designed to be just these 10 episodes," showrunner Chad Hodge explained to TV Line. "So the promise that we've been making - which is that there's a beginning, middle and end in these 10 episodes - is a real promise and we deliver on it. Could there be a possibility of a Season 2? Sure, of course, and you'll see a window to that, but it also is a complete ending as it is."

**************************************************

The somewhat surprisingly solid and consistent ratings performance by Wayward Pines has not gone unnoticed. I hear there is interest in another season of the mystery series. Because of the long time frame between the project’s pickup/production and its airdate, the options on all actors lapsed long ago. (Wayward Pines’ cast includes Matt Dillon, Carla Gugino and Melissa Leo.) I hear the idea is to explore a potential second installment with different characters and cast but in the same world, which would not be a straight anthology format. I hear talks are preliminary, and Fox brass are expected to meet with the Wayward Pines creative team soon to discuss the possibilities.

Honored Contributor

Re: WAYWARD PINES - Will There Be A Second Season?

I'm sure they'll probably decide to keep it going!  It's all about money, money.

It would take a special person to end a show because you think it's done even though you could make a lot more money keeping it going.

Honored Contributor

I tried watching last night, giving it a 2nd chance, but it has just become too disgusting and way too weird for my taste!

Respected Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

I'm sure they'll probably decide to keep it going!  It's all about money, money.

It would take a special person to end a show because you think it's done even though you could make a lot more money keeping it going.

I agree!! Some shows drag on for years, long after they should've been off the air. They just don't know when to quit.

It sounds like Wayward Pines, if it returns for a second season, will go the same way Under the Dome has gone - bring in completely different characers. Under the Dome was also supposed to be a contained mini-series that is now entering its third season.

Honored Contributor

I like when these summer showers are a limited series. The networks get greedy and tries to stretch it out for as many seasons as they can. It gets to the point where it's not based on the original idea anymore. One thing I don't get is Wayward Pines takes place over 2,000 years in the future. Why does the town seem to have a 1950's or 60's vibe to it?

Respected Contributor

As much as I'm enjoying the show, I really hope it doesn't come back for season 2. It really wouldn't be the same without the main characters.

Super Contributor

Ther is no way to keep this show going with the same intensity beyond 10 episodes.

However, I said the same thing with Broadchurch and I LOVED Season 2 so I may be eating those words next year. 😄
Trusted Contributor

I'm sure I just read somewhere it's listed as one of the top 10 shows being currently watched by the 18-50 yo group. So you bet it'll be back. I read the series but it left me hanging.
Honored Contributor

Yes, and now Under the Dome is getting stupid.  Even everyone who saw it from the beginning are saying "WHAT??"

Respected Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

Yes, and now Under the Dome is getting stupid.  Even everyone who saw it from the beginning are saying "WHAT??"

I did have a little trouble with UTD but have not really watched it... saw a little where Jim was impaled and than later had a gun in his house it was wried...

WWP seems to be a take off on dealing with Climate change, and the Sociopaths who want to control the world.... This I have not finished but

it could be informative, after all our daily life now is not making sense in all aspects of our lives even the chat rooms are on a leash.....