Honored Contributor

Re: WATCH THE SMITHSONIAN CHANNEL?

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

They have many good shows. This is one of my go to channels.  Mighty Trains is showing now. We enjoy that show. America in Color.

@proudlyfromNJ 

Yes it looks interesting.  I'm recording a few things to "sample" their series.

Respected Contributor

Another vote for Arial America. I always stop and see which state they are doing.

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Honored Contributor

@Peaches McPhee wrote:

Another vote for Arial America. I always stop and see which state they are doing.

@Peaches McPhee  I notice with that show no matter what state they are showing, I want to go. Everything looks so interesting and beautiful.

Honored Contributor

@Peaches McPhee wrote:

@Peaches McPhee 

Thanks ... it does look quite interesting!

Frequent Contributor

We love Smithsonian channel. Aerial America is our favorite but there are so many good programs. It's probably the channel we watch most often. Definitely worth it!

Esteemed Contributor

@Tinkrbl44   We do not have it in our cable package, however, when we went on lockdown in March it suddenly appeared.  I think we had it for 2 months.

We loved Aerial America. I learned more history from those shows than I did in school.  

They also had a show about orphaned orangutuans at a refuge in Borneo.  Nothing like a wheelbarrow full of baby orangutuans headed to chrimp school to make you smile.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi, @Tinkrbl44 ! Best channel by far on cable.  So many choices,  just watched today a several episode of Mighty Trains.  Many other historical program to check out.  Also Air Disasters, but don't watch before traveling by plane.

AerialAnywhere is well worth watching!  Thank you , @CrazyKittyLvr2 , for reminding me!

Honored Contributor

Check out the show on great British estates. An American Aristocrat's Guide to Great Estates (or something like that.)

Esteemed Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

I have a new cable package and see that I have the Smithsonian channel.   Does anyone here have this?  Can you recommend any of the shows or series they offer?   TIA!

Hi @Tinkrbl44 ... I have Verizon FIOS.  The Smithsonian channel was just added.  I can't recommend any shows or series yet.  But the few shows I have watched have been very good.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Imaoldhippie wrote:

I like the Smithsonian Channel.  My favorite is Air Disasters.  I loving flying.  I watch a lot of the WWII documentaries, and Airial American, Mystic Britian, and many more.  If you are a history buff or like documentaries this is the channel for you.

@Imaoldhippie  The Smithsonian channel was just added to my Verizon FIOS package.  I have watched some Air Disasters episodes.   They were very interesting.