Honored Contributor

Re: WALKING DEAD Season Premiere 02/23/20 *SPOILERS*

@Cakers3 wrote:

So last night was farewell to Michonne.

Or was it.

We know she was leaving the show but Gimple left some clues on Talking Dead.

We knew Rick survived the explosion at the bridge since the trash lady had him on the helicopter.

I thought Michonne was going to find him last night but the episode left some teasers.

I hope next season or somewhere at the conclusion of the whole series we see Michonne and family reunited.

Now next week Carol is seeing the "ghost" of Alpha. 

@Cakers3   I hadn't realized that last night was Michonne's last, for a while anyway, until watching the Talking Dead.  Danai drove me a bit nuts with so much talking, lol.

Gross that Negan kissed Alpha after slitting her throat, and why would he do that.  I also wonder why he put Lydia in the shack, he didn't have to do that as he could have just told Apha she was in there, any ideas of the purpose of that?

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@Cakers3 wrote:

Or was it.

We knew Rick survived the explosion at the bridge since the trash lady had him on the helicopter.

I thought Michonne was going to find him last night but the episode left some teasers.

I hope next season or somewhere at the conclusion of the whole series we see Michonne and family reunited.

@Cakers3   I hadn't realized that last night was Michonne's last, for a while anyway, until watching the Talking Dead.  Danai drove me a bit nuts with so much talking, lol.

Gross that Negan kissed Alpha after slitting her throat, and why would he do that.  I also wonder why he put Lydia in the shack, he didn't have to do that as he could have just told Apha she was in there, any ideas of the purpose of that?

@mousiegirl   Negan put Lydia in the shack to protect her.  If he didn't tie her to that chair, she could have escaped and been captured by Beta.  Beta was out looking for Lydia.

Negan brought Alpha to a different shack.  Lydia was never in the shack Alpha walked into.

I don't think he tied Lydia too tightly; I think the scene was meant to have us all think it was the end for Lydia but it was too obvious what was happening.

Lydia didn't know Negan was actually on her side, which is another twist typical of the show.

I don't know why Negan kissed her; he may have had some feelings for her but had to do what he had to do.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@Cakers3 wrote:

Or was it.

@mousiegirl   Negan put Lydia in the shack to protect her.  If he didn't tie her to that chair, she could have escaped and been captured by Beta.  Beta was out looking for Lydia.

Negan brought Alpha to a different shack.  Lydia was never in the shack Alpha walked into.

I don't think he tied Lydia too tightly; I think the scene was meant to have us all think it was the end for Lydia but it was too obvious what was happening.

Lydia didn't know Negan was actually on her side, which is another twist typical of the show.

I don't know why Negan kissed her; he may have had some feelings for her but had to do what he had to do.

@Cakers3  Thank you.  Negan kissed Alpha who was bleeding from her mouth also, that was what was gross, lol.

So am guessing Lydia was in a panic to escape because she ddn't know what would happen next.

Aren't there three more episodes only?  Usually, there are sixteen, and last night was thirteen.

Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

What about the phone???

Rick didn't draw the pics of Michonne and Judith but the garbage lady-what's her name?  Was/is an artist.  And she was the one who took Rick on the helicopter.

That phone was a message to Rick.

Jadis/Anne.  Just hit me.  LOL

When are the Rick movies due out?  Michonne will be back in the movies for sure. 

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

What about the phone???

Rick didn't draw the pics of Michonne and Judith but the garbage lady-what's her name?  Was/is an artist.  And she was the one who took Rick on the helicopter.

That phone was a message to Rick.

Jadis/Anne.  Just hit me.  LOL

When are the Rick movies due out?  Michonne will be back in the movies for sure. 

@Cakers3   If the movies don't come to tv, I won't be seeing them, but after last night, I am intrigued.

Respected Contributor

@Cakers3  @mousiegirl  Don't hold your breath for the movie - they don't have a finished script yet, never mind a date to begin actual filming. Whether Michonne appears in any of the movies would depend on Danai Gurira's schedule and whether she wants to do it. The article below was written on January 20, 2020 before the outbreak of COVID-19 really hit the country. I imagine the project has come to a standstill for the forseeable future.

When the movies were first announced they were to be shown on AMC. At some point they scrapped that idea and decided to make them big budget movies and release them in the theaters. I said at the time (discussing the subject on other TWD threads) that I couldn't imagine that many people would pay money to see these movies in a theater. A big budget movie has to appeal to a wide variety of moviegoers to make a healthy profit and I certainly don't think there are enough die hard TWD fans around to accomplish that. According to this article you'll eventually be able to view them on TV.  More than a year after announcing the movies, they still don't have a finished script or a director. 

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Scott Gimple recently spoke to Entertainment Weekly about the Walking Dead movies.

He did not reveal a lot about the plot of the films, which are said to be based around what happened to Rick Grimes (Andrew Lincoln) after he was rescued by Jadis/Anne (Pollyanna McIntosh) in Season 9.

When asked about how the story will unfold, Gimple suggested that there was no set story direction as yet. However, they are exploring several ideas.

“We have a couple of different plans that we’re going with depending on a couple of different factors we have to deal with on everything from story to product aspects,” he said.

Even though the plot still appears to be malleable, the script appears to have been written and the writers are “currently refining it.”

Gimple was not prepared to comment on whether or not Michonne (Danai Gurira) — who is set to leave the series in Season 10 — was to be involved with the Walking Dead movies. However, he did confirm further details about Rick’s role.

“We are going to continue to tell Rick’s story, and we are going to discover so much of the world through that story. Rick will be challenged in different ways that, in some ways, everything that he’s been through has sort of prepared him for.”

In addition, while there have been rumors suggesting that Heath (Corey Hawkins) will be featured, Gimple did not confirm his appearance either. However, it has previously been confirmed that he has been taken by the same group who now have Rick.

Also, for those who are concerned that the trio of movies will only air in theaters, Gimple did confirm that while the first film, at least, will debut in theaters, there will be a point at which fans can watch it on TV. He added that there will likely be a delay between the premieres on each medium.

“Eventually you won’t need a movie theater to see it,” he confirmed.