Honored Contributor

I am watching this movie today, what a fun movie.  I remember hearing that everyone on the set had so much fun, you can tell.  I was noticing that Ann Margaret and Elvis dance the same.  I also heard on TCM that Ann Margaret got a lot of close ups because the director had a crush on her and  that the manager for Elvis got angry lol but Elvis didn't care he said there was enough room for everybody.  I thought that was nice.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Viva Las Vegas

[ Edited ]

This was one of my favorite movies when I was younger, and can still remember trying to dance like the beautiful Ann -Margret! I didn't quite hit the mark, but I gave it my best girl scout try😁. Like thousands of other young girls, I had a huge crush on the ever so handsome Mr Presley-Whew! 

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Honored Contributor

@SandySparkles I've seen that fun, cheesy movie on TV a bunch of times!

I recall when she first got well known, Ann-Margret would get tired of people not spelling her name right! Someone once asked her why she didn't change it to the "popular" spelling and she said something "because that's what my name IS"!!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I think her full name is Ann Margret Olsson, she was Swedish born. I remember in 1961 she was first introduced on the Jack Benny Show as a talent his BFF Geo Burns had discovered. 

Esteemed Contributor

One of my favorite actresses  I just don't think she was in enough movies but I loved her in everything I saw her act in.  I also thought she and Elvis made a handsome couple!

Valued Contributor

I think she would have been better for him than Priscilla.  

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Love my grandkids 

I misspelled it in my previous post as well, but will definitely correct it😁. Although the name controversy escaped me earlier, I am sure she handled it with her unique and classy flair. I actually remember her name being Ann-Margrock on the episode of The Flintstones she starred in.😂

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Honored Contributor

one of my favorite ELVIS movies......my MOST favorite is GI BLUES. also love BLUE HAWAII, GIRL HAPPY, and FUN IN ACAPULCO.

hey, who called them cheesy? Smiley Mad

"An Elvis Presley picture is the only sure thing in Hollywood" HAL WALLIS.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Trusted Contributor

That is my favorite Elvis movie.  And I am one who agrees that she would have been better for him than Priscilla.  They made a beautiful couple in that movie.  I always dreamed of dancing like her, she was fantastic, and so was he.