Honored Contributor

I find it strange that Amazon has first dibs on the finale season of Vikings than the channel that makes this series possible in the first place. confused.gif

*Let me do some research on this*

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

From my research.....

“Vikings” is an international Irish/Canadian co-production by TM Productions and Take 5 Productions. MGM Television serves as the worldwide distributor outside of Ireland and Canada. “Vikings” is produced in association with Corus Entertainment.

Amazon's pockets are deeper than The History Channel. Smiley Tongue

Also found this.....

It was announced last year that Hirst and Jeb Stuart had teamed for the sequel series “Vikings: Valhalla” at Netflix, which will be set 100 years after the conclusion of the original show. It was also announced earlier this week that Hirst is working on a series about London in 1665 during an outbreak of the bubonic plague.  This will be shown on The History Channel

SOURCE: variety.com/2020/tv/news/vikings-season-6-premiere-date-amazon-1234844095/

Honored Contributor

@Dusty1 wrote:

@Cakers3 Ivar! He is crazy! I love him. Alex Hogh Anderson plays him so well, or maybe he is crazy, too!

I have been watching Big Sky mostly because Katheryn Winnick is in it.

@Dusty1   I agree and as horrible a person as he is, Alex Hogh plays the part so well you are drawn to him and cannot look away.

It is good to see Winnick in Big Sky, too.  She played Lagertha so well and the death of such a strong character really brought the series to a whole different level.

I still wonder if Floki survived that cave-in.  I haven't seen anything that indicates he is really dead.

But Amazon still ticks me off.  Grrr Grrr Grrr.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Esteemed Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

I find it strange that Amazon has first dibs on the finale season of Vikings than the channel that makes this series possible in the first place. confused.gif

*Let me do some research on this*

---------------

Big money wins!!!  Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

I did some searching and I did find an article that said they released it to Amazon first for the money.  This is a very expensive show to produce so I am sure it helped them in that way.  As long as it will eventually be shown on History, so I can see it, I will be happy!

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Trusted Contributor

It's on Amazon now...just checked.  Watched the Bonus preview..it looks really good.  DH and I will start it tonight..DW

Honored Contributor

Re: Vikings Series Finale

[ Edited ]

I did not know that, thanks for sharing.  I have Prime so I'm all set and ready to watch.  i'll probably end up binge watching and I'll finish all 10 episodes in less than a week.  

Honored Contributor

Just watched episode 19.  The writers better come up w/a darn good explaination of how......

Spoiler

Floki survived a cave in, escaped, built a boat (from what?) & ALL BY HIMSELF sailed himself from Iceland to America.

confused.gif

Honored Contributor

DH just finished watching the series.  I couldn't get into it with all the violence. 

He would mute the tv when someone was screaming in pain (60% of the time someone was screaming in pain). 

Like a moth to a flame, soon as the room went quite, that's when I had to look at the tv.  Gah!

But with all the torture and death and just grueling life in general, I really thought the ending was weak.  WEAK!

I mean Ivar the Boneless (and that can be interpretted maaannnnny ways....lol) was such a fierce character, so for the story to end was more like how Scarlett O'Hara would act on the battlefield.

He freaked me out so much, that I would have to look at his youtube videos to snap back to reality.  He's a really cute guy and funny and loving and likes puppies and.....

But I didn't like the ending.

Honored Contributor

Re: Vikings Series Finale

[ Edited ]

@Mz iMac wrote:

Just watched episode 19.  The writers better come up w/a darn good explaination of how......

@Mz iMac   I knew it. 

Spoiler
The death in the cave would have been a convenient and quick way to finish off the character.  Floki was such a major character - his ending in a cave would not have fit who he was, although it was poetic justice to see the cross, meaning Christians were there first.  Considering he murdered Athelstan.  I expected more for the end of Floki and I think this ending fit better than a rock slide in a cave.
"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh