Valued Contributor

Episode 2 tonight   Kill the Queen

Valued Contributor

Mercy, Episode 3 airs on the History Channel tonight.

Will Ragnar extend any mercy to Floki?  And will Bjorn face both a human and an animal foe?

I will be eager to see whether Rollo is making any progress with his wife AND whether he is helping the French or setting them up for defeat.

Esteemed Contributor

@pateacher wrote:

Mercy, Episode 3 airs on the History Channel tonight.

Will Ragnar extend any mercy to Floki?  And will Bjorn face both a human and an animal foe?

I will be eager to see whether Rollo is making any progress with his wife AND whether he is helping the French or setting them up for defeat.

------------------------

Rollo is always jealous and clashing with  Ragnar and now

working with the French.  But, I wondered if he is going to pull a secret, double betrayal and end up working against the French!!

Esteemed Contributor

Did not get or enjoy last night's episode 3/4

Valued Contributor

SPOILERS

By Thursday, Rollo has miraculously learned French and has made some headway in his relationship with his wife.

Bjorn survives his self-imposed isolation and does not return alone.

We will get to see Yol, the Viking equivalent of Christmas.

@qvcaddition  I agree that the last episode skipped around and was difficult to follow.  It was bd enough when the action was split between Kattagutt(sp) and Wessex.  Now there is Frankia and Heddiby(sp), where Lagertha is co-ruler.

Valued Contributor

Yol airs tonight.  I think Yol is like Yule in other countries.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Vikings, Season 4

[ Edited ]

Am not sure why, but I am losing interest in this show.    It might be that so many of  the episodes are shown in darkness..drives me nuts!  Or maybe there are just too many characters and countries/regions in the storylines now.  There are times that I  can't tell one lady/queen/slave from another.  Will give it a couple more shows, but I may find something else to follow on Thursdays.

Valued Contributor

@corita:  The dark sets bother me, too. I guess it is realistic, but it is sometimes difficult to identify characters.  I aso agree that the subplots are multiplying every episode.  Too many places and faces to juggle. I would enjoy it much more if each episode was kept in one setting or two at the most.

The Vikings is starting to remind me of Lost, which continually added characters, subplots, and flashbacks until it finally concluded in a vague, disappointing episode,   Hope that this show doesn't meet the same end.

I think I read that the actor who plays Rollo has another role, can't remember if it is another series or a movie.  At any rate, my guess is Rollo's character arc may be coming to an end.

Now Ragnar has so many conflicts and has lost some of his characteristic adventurous nature.  Oh, well.  

Honored Contributor

It was a great episode as usual. I'm curious how Bjorn will seek his revenge, because you know it's coming. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

I am assuming Yidu gave Ragnar some raw opium.  Had the man swinging from the love shack beams upside down.  Funniest scene in the episode. 837514213.gif

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif