Esteemed Contributor

Vikings New Season Tonight - Nov 29th

I was checking thru channels and landed on the History channel.  Was surprised that the new season of Vikings series starts tonight!!   I had no idea...thought it would be later in 2018.  

I had kind of lost interest at the end of last season. Didn't like the brothers' never ending conflicts.  Hope the story picks up with a better storyline tonight!!

Honored Contributor

Re: Vikings New Season Tonight - Nov 29th

Vikings will repeat so we will catch Mr. Robot first and then Vikings.

For me it won't be the same without Ragnar but we are still fans.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

The eye candy this season....

Jonathan Rhys Meyers

Jonathan Rhys Meyers joins the Vikings cast in season 5

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Valued Contributor

Watched the first episode last night.  I, too, miss Ragnar; but I am also eager to see how the remaining characters fare in the new season. Many intrigues and conspiracies  are yet to unravel for Ragnar's sons, Lagertha, and King Harald.  Also, I will be interested to see how the travels of Bjorn and Floki will impact the other Vikings.

Honored Contributor

I didn't think Vikings could get any better and then I watched last night's episodes and I was wrong...best program on tv!  It was always an amazing show but it seems like it will be even better this season.  I particularly enjoyed the pre-show that was a one hour summary Lagertha's story.  It also served as an introduction for those who are just starting to watch.  I forgot that so much has happened in 4 seasons.  And then there was the Loki storyline and that amazingly breathtaking scenery.  I can't even imagine where that storyline will take us.  

Honored Contributor

To me it looks like Floki may have landed on what is now Iceland. The volcano gave it away. Iceland is on my bucket list!

Trusted Contributor

I tried to watch last night but got bored and grossed out all at the same time.  Not sure why it doesn't hold my interest like it used to...

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Shogirl wrote:

I tried to watch last night but got bored and grossed out all at the same time.  Not sure why it doesn't hold my interest like it used to...

------------------

I am also having trouble with keeping my interest in the show!  It used to be one of my favorites.  But with Ragnar out of the picture, there aren't many characters I care about.....maybe just Floki.

Honored Contributor

And all this time I thought Floki's black eyes were tatoos..

Old Floki

Screen Shot 2017-11-30 at Thu, Nov 30, 2017-7.30.51 PM.png

New Floki

Screen Shot 2017-11-30 at Thu, Nov 30, 2017-7.31.04 PM.png

============

Who were all those ladies sitting at the dinner table w/Lagertha?  I know the one that was kidnapped was her lover.  Who were the others???

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

Too dark for me and to think my father's paternal side desended from Vikings.