Respected Contributor

Re: Vikings Mid-Season Finale on Tonight 2/5 - Spoilers Possible

@4kitties wrote:

I think Eric will play a larger roll in the second half of this season.   

If Bjorn and King Harald are truly out of the picture, maybe Erik will fill their shoes against Ivar.  We have all hard of Erik the Red - he was a famous Viking.  Would make sense.

No one here is dense.  I think we were pretty much all thinking similar things.  The scenes on the beach where Bjorn and Ivar are alone w/each other and then flashes of battle and other scenes.  And what becomes of Grunhilde?  She has had a few moments w/Erik the Red, I think he will make a play for her and they will get together.  He seemed to like her.  I just hope we don't have to wait until next November.  Is that their idea of Coming Soon?  lol

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Honored Contributor

@jellyBEAN"The scenes w/Ivar and Egor's bride perplex me so."

Ivar, “I think I’m falling in love with you, and I don’t even know who you are,

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

I think it's likely that the action moves to Greenland for the remaining episodes of the series.  The old ways, the old religion, the old political structure in Norway are over now that the Rus have conquered.  So, I think the story and action moves to Greenland where we historically, we know the settlers held on to their Viking heritage and Viking lifestyle until the end.  

Trusted Contributor

I was thoroughly confused by this episode. My first reaction was, what the h--l did I just watch? 

Esteemed Contributor

@Buffalogal47 wrote:

I was thoroughly confused by this episode. My first reaction was, what the h--l did I just watch

-----------------

Me too!!  Did n't know if the scenes were 'dreams' or real.  Very confusing and definitely not one of my favorite episodes.  Seems the director/writer were n't sure what the main focus of this show was going to be!!!  Not such a good show to leave the mid season...

Honored Contributor

@Buffalogal47   @corita 

The shows writers were using the same drug(s) Hvitserk was using a few episodes back when they wrote this semi finale.  Smiley LOL

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Esteemed Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

@Buffalogal47   @corita 

The shows writers were using the same drug(s) Hvitserk was using a few episodes back when they wrote this semi finale.  Smiley LOL

---------------

The show just zigged/zagged too much for me!!  Am not really a fan of flashbacks! And some of these were mixed in with real time and future flashes.  Guess they were trying to leave lots of questions unanswered, but it just left me shaking my head!!