Respected Contributor

Vikings Marathon on History right now

Looks like they have started with Season 6 Episode 11 and will show all of the remaining episodes until 10:00  Standard time tonight.  

I am so very disappointed with the History channel and how they have shown these final episodes.  I have signed up repeatedly for Vikings emails and never get any notice.  

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Respected Contributor

Re: Vikings Marathon on History right now

Thanks for the info. I would have missed this otherwise. I have been watching the Vikings for years. I don't understand why these episodes have not been advertised.  They are shown at such obscure times.

I will record these final episodes as they are full of commercials.  

Respected Contributor

Well right now I am all Viking'd out.  I found out about the marathon about 2pm in a phone conversation with a friend and immediately turned it on.  So I had about 8+ hours of Vikings.

I can't believe this is how they showed the final episodes of the series.  They made us wait 1 1/2 years to see the final episodes, then they pre-empt the shows last week and then this week they give us the finale of all finales by airing 4 new episodes together.

It was too much and I hope this will be available for replay for awhile.  But WHAT A SHOW!!!  I loved it.  I think it pretty much tied up everything I was questioning.

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Esteemed Contributor

I watched several episodes yesterday. It answered some questions I had. Ivar was one of my favorite characters, so the ending was sad. Glad to see Floki again, though.

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Respected Contributor

@jellyBEAN wrote:

Well right now I am all Viking'd out.  I found out about the marathon about 2pm in a phone conversation with a friend and immediately turned it on.  So I had about 8+ hours of Vikings.

I can't believe this is how they showed the final episodes of the series.  They made us wait 1 1/2 years to see the final episodes, then they pre-empt the shows last week and then this week they give us the finale of all finales by airing 4 new episodes together.

It was too much and I hope this will be available for replay for awhile.  But WHAT A SHOW!!!  I loved it.  I think it pretty much tied up everything I was questioning.

I watched yesterday too and I totally agree that the History channel really disappointed me with showing the episodes all at once.😤😤😤😤😤. And with no notice from an email that I signed up for several times.  

I will have to go back and watch the final episode from 11/2 years ago and then the first episode of this recent season as I need to refresh my memory and I missed the first half of episode King of Kings since I tuned in late and by accident.  I will go back and watch them again as it is hard to eatch TV for that many hours without missing some of it.  

I am happy with the ending though.  Am so glad I stuck with this series and watched every episode.  It was SO GOOD over the years.

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Esteemed Contributor

I also found the marathon by chance...flipping thru channels.  Did watch til the end.  Hated to see Ivar die that way, but it was not unexpected!  Also happy that Floki was  united at the end.   

This series was one of my favorites ever!!  Loved the scenery, the stories, the characters, the costumes and the hairstyles.  I marveled at the settings, beautiful locations and the amazing number of extras needed for the show. Also the huge set designs of the towns, castles, ships and landscapes were beautifully depicted. 

Was not thrilled with so many war scenes, but understand that actually happened during those years.  Have several friends that stopped watching the series because of the overwhelming war scenes though....

Esteemed Contributor

I think the last few episodes did a wonderful job of wrapping the series up. The flashbacks, and subtle back stories were done well. So often a series is just written fast and without thought at the end or leaves the audience hanging.

The acting in the last episode was superb, much was said by just a glance or facial expression. 
  Silence in the last beach scene and peacefulness as the past and future was discussed after much violence showed love for their new life. For awhile!
              🌤 🌊 🌅

Trusted Contributor

I really enjoyed that series too; thought that Ivar was such a handsome guy and a good actor.  Also, enjoyed seeing the actress who played Lagertha now in Big Sky as Jenny Hoyt. Loved the scene in Big Sky where she was told by the sheriff that she would make a great sheriff and she looks away thinking....

Valued Contributor

@4kitties wrote:

Looks like they have started with Season 6 Episode 11 and will show all of the remaining episodes until 10:00  Standard time tonight.  

I am so very disappointed with the History channel and how they have shown these final episodes.  I have signed up repeatedly for Vikings emails and never get any notice.  

I never got any emails with start dates either but a while back it was advertised on TV that the second half of the last season would air but I can't remember when that was.  In my area, we got it on a Sat. night but only 2 or 3 episodes aired and I couldn't find info on where you could see the rest of the episodes. I thought they changed nights but found nothing.  Even the History channel on line only had the episodes that had already aired on TV.  I have Amazon Prime and found all of the final episodes there so made it a marathon viewing event and watched all of them, one after another.  I'm glad I did because the episodes were missing for weeks on TV and only started showing up a couple of weeks ago, hit or miss, again.  Glad to see that they're being aired in their entirety.  A great series but I miss Ragnar.