Valued Contributor

Hoping tonight will answer some of the questions from last week.  Still not sure whether Alfred can be trusted.

Will Ivar show up in the eerie white make-up tonight? Will Freydis continue to pull the wool over Ivar's eyes, or will someone tell him he's not the baby daddy? I can't imagine Freydis' fate if Ivar becomes wise to her trick. 

Respected Contributor

I would like to know if the crown Ivar is wearing in the preview is made of noses of dead opponents or something else?

Honored Contributor

@pateacher wrote:  Will Freydis continue to pull the wool over Ivar's eyes, or will someone tell him he's not the baby daddy? I can't imagine Freydis' fate if Ivar becomes wise to her trick. 

According to a family tree he had 5 children.   I gather he gave them all legitimacy.

Screen Shot 2018-12-12 at Wed, Dec 12, 2018-4.42.07 PM.png

Notice Ivar's "daddy" is blank (xx).

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

I believe Ivar's daddy was not Ragnar. But that man, "The Wanderer", who mysteriously appeared in Kattegat while Ragnar was away and knocked up Aslaug.

Honored Contributor

Re: Vikings 12/12

[ Edited ]

@chessylady wrote:

I would like to know if the crown Ivar is wearing in the preview is made of noses of dead opponents or something else?

@chessylady  I think they are skeleton skulls of some type of small animal like birds.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Valued Contributor

@Mz iMac Good information there!

I had completely forgotten that Ivar could be the Wanderer's son.  I think I remember that Ragnar forced Auslauf to fulfill her "wifely duties" despite some omen/dream that suggested otherwise.  Ivar was the result of that evening. However, my memory isn't always accurate.

Valued Contributor

According to ET the crown is made of bird skulls!  UGH!

Respected Contributor

@pateacher  Looks like Freydis is tidying up the 'loose' ends through the customary usual means: murder.

I'm waiting to see who the sacrificial victim is. Vincik?

Valued Contributor

@maestra wrote:

@pateacher  Looks like Freydis is tidying up the 'loose' ends through the customary usual means: murder.

I'm waiting to see who the sacrificial victim is. Vincik?

Yes, Freydis is the perfect mate for Ivar, for sure!  Unless he discovers her trick, that is!

The previews with the seer groaning make me think he might be he victim.  Since he has "vision,"he might contradict Ivar's claim to be a god. We know that it can't be Lagertha as Ivar seems to claim in the preview. But the seer might be mourning the sin of fratricide if Hvirtsik is the sacrifice.

Looks like the citizens of Kattegat are fearful of Ivar than worshipful.

Had forgotten all about Magnus! Wonder is he is playing Bjorn?

Honored Contributor

The God

Screen Shot 2018-12-13 at Thu, Dec 13, 2018-12.28.47 PM.png

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif