Honored Contributor

What are those 'things' around Ivar's neck? Look like some kind of little animals, like baby ones. His crown of birds is despicable and reeks of evil.

Honored Contributor

Re: Vikings 12/12

[ Edited ]

@pateacher wrote:

@maestra wrote:

@pateacher  Looks like Freydis is tidying up the 'loose' ends through the customary usual means: murder.

I'm waiting to see who the sacrificial victim is. Vincik?

Yes, Freydis is the perfect mate for Ivar, for sure!  Unless he discovers her trick, that is!

The previews with the seer groaning make me think he might be he victim.  Since he has "vision,"he might contradict Ivar's claim to be a god. We know that it can't be Lagertha as Ivar seems to claim in the preview. But the seer might be mourning the sin of fratricide if Hvirtsik is the sacrifice.

Looks like the citizens of Kattegat are fearful of Ivar than worshipful.

Had forgotten all about Magnus! Wonder is he is playing Bjorn?

@pateacher  I think Ivar knows the baby is not his but it would be a way to push the idea that he and Freydis are gods-that she still conceived despite his physical limits.  A godly lineage to impress his subjects.  That is why the person who impregnated her was murdered.  Either Ivar ordered it or Freydis did, or they both did, to keep the secret.

Ivar knows he cannot perform so either he really believes in some god interference to make Freydis pregnant or it was a plan all along between the two.

Wondering about Magnus, too. I hope he is really on Bjorn's side, even though Bjorn has no rights to the crown anymore.

The person under the hood could be a real twist or it really could be Hvitserk.  I hope he learned of the plot and went to England to join Bjorn and Lagertha to take down Ivar. 

Ubbe is Christian now and couldnt' return to Kattegat.  But he wasn't thrilled to convert, either.

King Harald could be the biggest threat of all.

The seer under that hood is a good point.  Either as a threat to Ivar's deception about the baby or there was a switcheroo in the style of Tale of Two Cities; the seer was willing to take Hvirt's place.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

I think Ivar isn't dumb, he knows he cannot father a child but he needs an heir to secure his power.  Freydis' deceptions furthers his goals and he is doing what any wise ruler would do he is keeping his enemy close.  It's been a while but like others, I think the Wanderer fathered Ivar.  

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

he is doing what any wise ruler would do he is keeping his enemy close. 

"hold your friends close but your enemies closer.Don Corleone whistling.gif

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

I think Ivar isn't dumb, he knows he cannot father a child but he needs an heir to secure his power.  Freydis' deceptions furthers his goals and he is doing what any wise ruler would do he is keeping his enemy close.  It's been a while but like others, I think the Wanderer fathered Ivar.  

@chrystaltreeReally?  Aslaugh was a seer-woman who didn't want sex at one point with Ragnar because it would produce a sickly child, and that is what happened when Ragnar insisted.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh