Honored Contributor

Re: šŸ‘šŸ¾ Vikings 1/15 *SPOILER ALERT*

@Mz iMac wrote:

@Cakers3 wrote:

I checked the History channel line up and I only see 2 more episodes.

Screen Shot 2020-01-17 at Fri, Jan 17, 2020-3.10.14 PM.png

Seems to me I heard the announcer correctly.

@jellyBEAN 

The little boy is Prince Igor.  Read up about the real person "Igor Svyatoslavich" on WIKI.

@Mz iMac   Ahh I see.  The last episode is in February.  The History Channel line up stopped on January 31st.  (Or I didn't see February.  lol)

I read the summary for "Resurrection" and it didn't sound like a finale so one more after that makes sense.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Respected Contributor

You all might be tired of me asking questions, but I re-watched the past 2 episodes last night and something else popped out at me.

During one of the scenes in Kiev w/Ivar and the Prince w/his new bride, sitting around the dinner table talking, the Prince brought up that Ivar's wife had bore him a son.  And Ivar asked the Prince how he knew that.  And of course the Prince's new bride smirked and the Prince remarked how he knew A LOT about Ivar.  He is the Prophet after all.

So what is it with this girl?  It was hinted something about reincarnation.  Past souls inhabiting present bodies.  If she was Ivar's wife's long lost twin sister, how would she know about the baby?  Is she a mystical reincarnation?  I hope it all plays out in the end, but I don't see this Prince living til old age - if you know what I mean.

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Honored Contributor

If Ubbe and Torvi head to Iceland it will be Floki who is the mysterious person they come across.

I never believed Floki died in that cave.

Honored Contributor

@jellyBEAN wrote:

You all might be tired of me asking questions, but I re-watched the past 2 episodes last night and something else popped out at me.

During one of the scenes in Kiev w/Ivar and the Prince w/his new bride, sitting around the dinner table talking, the Prince brought up that Ivar's wife had bore him a son.  And Ivar asked the Prince how he knew that.  And of course the Prince's new bride smirked and the Prince remarked how he knew A LOT about Ivar.  He is the Prophet after all.

So what is it with this girl?  It was hinted something about reincarnation.  Past souls inhabiting present bodies.  If she was Ivar's wife's long lost twin sister, how would she know about the baby?  Is she a mystical reincarnation?  I hope it all plays out in the end, but I don't see this Prince living til old age - if you know what I mean.

@jellyBEAN   Good question.

Oleg knew who Ivar was when Ivar arrived and since Oleg came from a Viking background, I guess it is possible Oleg may have even seen Ivar back in Kattegat in the past.

Oleg's first wife also betrayed Oleg just as Freydis betrayed Ivar so there is a similarity there, too.

With Ivar showing up Oleg plans to invade and conquor Scandinavia so Oleg may be planning on using Ivar regarding Bjorn and Ubbe; perhaps not knowing Harald is now king of Norway.

I think it's just coincidence that the two women look so alike (same actress) but I think Oleg either met Ivar in the past or heard about him through travelers or other servants of Oleg.

It will be interesting.

Honored Contributor

As bad as Ivar is, I really believe he cares of Igor.  It's a side of Ivar that shows some humanity and care for another person.

If the spin-off does happen, I hope they cast somebody as good-looking as Ragnar for whoever will be a main character.

LOL

Image result for ragnar

Honored Contributor

She got the send off she deserved.  The funeral was amazing and so realistic.  The little girl peering into the ice, so sad but so wonderous.

Esteemed Contributor

@Mz iMac   It's been such a good series! Riveting!

Esteemed Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

As bad as Ivar is, I really believe he cares of Igor.  It's a side of Ivar that shows some humanity and care for another person.

If the spin-off does happen, I hope they cast somebody as good-looking as Ragnar for whoever will be a main character.

LOL

Image result for ragnar

-------------------

Not only good looking., but for me...he made the show!!  Good actor, magnetic character; he just seemed to 'be' Ragnar!!