Honored Contributor

probably came back to be part of that 45th Anniversary stuff.

He won't be around much longer I predict. LOL

Respected Contributor

Although I find this s/l of DV repugnant if they were going with such a story I would have rather they had shown the character of Travis as being an abuser.    He came out of nowhere and within a short time, she moved him into her home.     That would have shown how wrong it is to allow someone you don't really know to move into your life.

To me, that would have made more sense than suddenly turning JT into this crazy character.  I wasn't watching the show during the time of JT's involvement with Victoria but from what I read on the various forums he was never shown as being a mean character.     I gather he was somewhat of a conceited teenager but not an abuser.  

From the little bit I know about DV I always thought it generally starts pretty quickly into the relationship.      Weren't JT and Victoria married for a few years?    Nothing was ever implied that he was abusive to her.   Now all of a sudden he is a monster to her and is shown choking her.   

I am not at all happy with this new head writer.     Not only is he pushing all the PSA into the scripts but he is turning longtime characters into people that I don't even recognize.  People fussed about the previous writers but I would rather see a few of them back instead of this guy.    

Honored Contributor

yeah, he was always a skirt chaser and conceited and him and Victor couldn't stomach each other, but, he didn't go around mauling women.

Could be side effects of his heart medicine just speculating because on occasion shows him at the hospital. Nicki caught him there.

Vicky needs to go to a convent . Forget about men. Mariah, well, let's leave it at that.................. LOL

Honored Contributor

Re: Victoria Newman

[ Edited ]

@J Town Girlwrote:

Although I find this s/l of DV repugnant if they were going with such a story I would have rather they had shown the character of Travis as being an abuser.    He came out of nowhere and within a short time, she moved him into her home.     That would have shown how wrong it is to allow someone you don't really know to move into your life.

To me, that would have made more sense than suddenly turning JT into this crazy character.  I wasn't watching the show during the time of JT's involvement with Victoria but from what I read on the various forums he was never shown as being a mean character.     I gather he was somewhat of a conceited teenager but not an abuser.  

From the little bit I know about DV I always thought it generally starts pretty quickly into the relationship.      Weren't JT and Victoria married for a few years?    Nothing was ever implied that he was abusive to her.   Now all of a sudden he is a monster to her and is shown choking her.   

I am not at all happy with this new head writer.     Not only is he pushing all the PSA into the scripts but he is turning longtime characters into people that I don't even recognize.  People fussed about the previous writers but I would rather see a few of them back instead of this guy.    

I didn't understand why they cut Travis loose so quickly, although that might have been a product of the last switch in writers. Agree that I don't like what they've done with the JT character. As for the writers, at least the last three sets have all been unsatisfying, from my point of view. I'm not sure good soap opera writers still exist. If they do, I wish someone would find them. This show has been treading water for an awfully long time due to writing that clearly lacks interest and solid character development.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...