Respected Contributor

Another update, Victoria returns on Sun. 1/13.  Love this show.

Honored Contributor

@lovesallanimals

Thank you for the info!

can’t wait!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

Thank you!

Contributor

My local PBS station has started airing reruns of Victoria Season 2.  It is very interesting going back and seeing how and when various characters and issues are introduced and developed.  I am picking up on a lot of details and dialog that I missed the first time around. 

I've done some historical research as well to learn more about the various characters.  For example, I thought at first that the Duke of Wellington was one of Victoria's uncles, one of the numerous sons of George III.  Although he was born an aristocrat, he was not one of the royals, but was instead a military hero and commanded the allied that defeated Napoleon at Waterloo.  He also became in politics and twice served as Prime Minister. 

This production is so well done.  I hope that they will complete the series all the way until the end of Victoria's life. 

Esteemed Contributor

I love that show! I still miss Lord M though.

Esteemed Contributor

@Effie54 wrote:

I love that show! I still miss Lord M though.

I feel the EXACT same way......loved Lord M.....watched a rerun on PBS lastnight and thought again how terrific i thought he was...........Victoria's Albert to me doesn't hold a candle to Lord M

Trusted Contributor

I also love Victoria,  one of my favorites,  looking forward to it starting again.  For anyone that is starting from the beginning,  I thought the first few episodes of season 1 were slow, so glad I stuck with it.

Honored Contributor
Love this series!!!Smiley Happy
Honored Contributor

I watched, or tried, it kept breaking up; much of it, I could neither see or hear. Did others have the same experience? Should I blame Comcast, PBS, or the weather?

Honored Contributor

old thread