Honored Contributor

Re: Vicki Gunvalson's Daughter Brianna

I've read that Keto is not good for you because it doesn't provide the nutrients a person needs in order to maintain good health. I do know who Brianna is and I'm happy that she's feeling well.

Esteemed Contributor

IMHO, all these diets just make you heavier. None of them are sustainable. Our society is fighting obesity every day and these diets just make the companies richer. People spend millions and millions of dollars every year only to gain all the weight back plus some. Brianna lost 45 lbs in 5 months, that is too much and too fast. Your goal should be 1-2 lbs per week. I think we need to have healthy eating classes taught in schools. It would benefit all.

Respected Contributor

Don’t know what here body looks like but her face definitely looks like fillers and Botox that does not happen when you lose weight.

Honored Contributor

she is looking healthier and better because she moved across the country and away from a clinging mom! LOL

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Trusted Contributor

Sounds like you were on the Lindora diet here in CA.  The keto, Atkins, and even nutrisystem are dangerous for me as I have chronic kidney disease.  We all need to be careful as we are not always aware of possible underlying health issues we might have without knowing.

Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

she is looking healthier and better because she moved across the country and away from a clinging mom! LOL

Woman LOL Brianna has a weight lifted from her and it's not only the 45 lb weight loss...she looks stress free now that Vicki isn't yapping at her every day.

Respected Contributor

5 months is about 21 weeks.  If you lose 2 pounds a week that's 42 pounds.  Brianna lost 45.  She was quite heavy and more than likely lost at least 5 pounds during the first week.  Her weight loss isn't that unusual for a young, overweight person.

She lost even more weight if she moved away from her mother.

Honored Contributor

I don't know who she is but of course she would lose weight on a Keto.  That's a given, no surprise at all.  As for all the rest of it, that's all subjective.  I know that patients with epilepsy can benefit from a Keto diet, that's been known for decades.  But now that the keto diet is popular; fans are claiming it cures almost everything and anything.  Don't believe everything your read.  

Honored Contributor

I met a lady who had her blood analyzed to find out what she was 'allergic' to.  The idea is that it isn't just specific like carbs it certain kinds of carbs, etc.

She swore by it.  It was fascinating listening to her talk about it.  We were in a Drs office and she was called to go in and see the Dr.  I never got to ask her more about it.  I could kick myself because i find everything fascinating and am open to LEARNING about everything.