Respected Contributor

Is anyone watching this on Netflix?

There's a LOT of sex/nudity and I'm wondering how the actors/actresses managed to stay in shape for those scenes? I'm guess that if they weren't in good shape to start out with, they had a lot of catching up to do.

Honored Contributor

I love this series. Philippe was a much better human being than Louis. Even tho he seems to have been bisexual, he was kinder to those he cared for than his brother, who used people until he was done with them.

I love the costumes.  I can't imagine the work that goes into costuming a series such as this one.

Respected Contributor

one of my fave on Netflix. I loved the fact that it was filmed at Versailles. I have visited there a couple of times and it brought back fond memories.

Honored Contributor

@sydsgma1 I've seen a couple of documentaries on Verdailles and can't imgine seeing it in person. Must be stunning.

Respected Contributor

Re: Versailles on Netflix

[ Edited ]

@Love my grandkids 

it is absolutely stunning. Not only is the palace gorgeous, the grounds are magnificent and go on forever., There are fountains that you can sit by and listen to beautiful Baroque music.,The Petite Maison was lovely also. 

I

Esteemed Contributor

I watched all  seasons on Ovation in 2016 . I don't remember if there were  3 seasons in total but despite alot of nudity the actors and story lines were worth watching . The Theme song  Outro  lingers  in your head long after.  If you read the bio's on the main actors , some have interesting stories esp the actor  Alexander Vlahos , who portrayed Philippe  . I recognised  George Blagden( Louis XIV)   from the Viking series as he had portrayed the Athelstan Anglo-Saxon, Christian monk that was kidnapped by the Vikings .

When I recognized him in Versailles , I was sure there would be great acting.

Esteemed Contributor

Got to admit that my little mind did not drift to their fitness routine.

Honored Contributor

Re: Versailles on Netflix

[ Edited ]

@skatting44 I often go to imbd and read up on the actors. Fun to note that the actor playing Philippe also played Mordred in Merlin, a series that my BIL got me interested in.

Esteemed Contributor

Yes I watched the complete series and loved it.  I have been watching a lot of them the past few months.  So far I think Tudors is my favorite.  It is funny how many of them cross over to other series such as Jonathan Ryse Meyers who plays King Henry VIII in Tudors also had a part in the Vikings (which I am currently watching) and Toby Regbo who played King Francis in Reign also had a part in Versaille!!   I guess they become pretty good at that era!!   

Respected Contributor

@GoneButNotForgotten  I finished watching the episodes of Reign on Netflix last week, which are about Mary Queen of Scots. There was so much violence. And so many poisonings! Lol

I started the Netflix Firefly episodes on Thursday, but when I finish them (14?) I will give Versailles a look.