Honored Contributor

It looks like next week is the last episode. This series was more about Andrew than Versace, but if they would have named it after him no one would have watched. Andrew certainly came from a screwed up family. Of course that's no excuse for his actions. I thought last night's episodes was one of the better ones. I was so tired of the shows about the murder victims.

Honored Contributor

Here's the guy that plays Andrew, (Darren Criss and his fiance).

http://people.com/tv/darren-criss-engaged-to-mia-swier/

Esteemed Contributor

Darren Criss was so good in the role, I couldn't watch the series! His actions were so horrific- FX was pretty graphic- you know they toned it down too. I had problems sleeping after watching it early on!

Honored Contributor

@colliemom4wrote:

It looks like next week is the last episode. This series was more about Andrew than Versace, but if they would have named it after him no one would have watched. Andrew certainly came from a screwed up family. Of course that's no excuse for his actions. I thought last night's episodes was one of the better ones. I was so tired of the shows about the murder victims.

@colliemom4  I only came across this last night, and thought it was a movie, but when I woke up later on, it was repeating so realized it is a series, and the last episode is next week, so I missed a lot.  Just from last night, no wonder Andrew was so messed up with a Father like his.

Trusted Contributor

I dvr'd last night.  Sad its coming to an end.  The roles of Versace and Andrew...spectacular in my opinion.  I love the role of Donnatella Versace as well.

Just a great mini series.  For those that have not watched, check it out.

It is not for all though. 

Honored Contributor

I haven't watched this week's episode yet, but this mini-series really has been well done.

I think one poster was right - just one more episode.  

Honored Contributor

After watching last night's episode I actually felt sorry for Andrew. He was lied to, betrayed and abandoned. That would be very hard for any young person to handle, imo. But it still didn't mean he had to kill. I thought the episode showed more of Andrew, the person, and what he came from and how he became the young man that he was. It showed a more emotional side of him, not just a cold-hearted killer.

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirlwrote:

@colliemom4wrote:

@colliemom4  I only came across this last night, and thought it was a movie, but when I woke up later on, it was repeating so realized it is a series, and the last episode is next week, so I missed a lot.  Just from last night, no wonder Andrew was so messed up with a Father like his.

@mousiegirl  We're on episode 8 maybe? Next week is the last. I'm sure you could go back and watch the entire mini-series if you're interested. In my opinion it's well done and informative. Yes, his father was a very poor example, and both of his parents were unstable. It's certainly understandable that he'd be affected by their behavior. I'm wondering if some of his mental issues may have been heriditary?

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMeewrote:

After watching last night's episode I actually felt sorry for Andrew. He was lied to, betrayed and abandoned. That would be very hard for any young person to handle, imo. But it still didn't mean he had to kill. I thought the episode showed more of Andrew, the person, and what he came from and how he became the young man that he was. It showed a more emotional side of him, not just a cold-hearted killer.

Yes. It was interesting to me to see Andrew's upbringing and see that side of him as well. His father taught him to want the finer things in life and he certainly felt he deserved them. Disturbing, yet intriguing story, but ultimately so very sad.

Respected Contributor

@colliemom4wrote:

Yes. It was interesting to me to see Andrew's upbringing and see that side of him as well. His father taught him to want the finer things in life and he certainly felt he deserved them. Disturbing, yet intriguing story, but ultimately so very sad.

Interesting to contrast with Versace's upbringing & his mom teaching him that if he wanted something, he had to work hard for it.