Respected Contributor

Unbelievably, a friend of mine actually said she didn't think Modesto was a bad man!!! He was "misunderstood" according to my friend. Comments like this make me realize that some women latch onto men such as Modesto. While many of us see right through him, a fair number actually fall for his nonsense. IN my opinion Modesto was a creep.

Trusted Contributor

I thought Jon Jon Briones did a great job as Modesto.  I saw him play the lead in “Miss Saigon” on Broadway recently.  He might be a contender for a Best Actor in a Guest Starring role Emmy.  There has only been one other Asian male actor to win an Emmy in the history of the awards, and that was this past year when Riz Ahmed won.

If Darren Criss wants to be a contender for an Emmy, he should submit one of the last two episodes, because that was the best work he did in the season.   

Respected Contributor

@DREAMONwrote:

From what I have read it was a pretty accurate film. Andrew got the car at 16 (not 11) but all the crazy childhood spoiled insanity and neglect of the siblings seems to be true. I can't believe his siblings didn't run away.

I think Modesto sexually abused Andrew but I didn't see that written anywhere.

@DREAMON That's what I got from the movie. Modesto gave Andrew the bedroom but Andrew shared it with his father. They showed that the father's clothes were in the closet.  From what I remember seeing, there was a scene where they inferred that when the father walked into the bedroom and was about to close the door, he would sexually abuse Andrew. The father had absolutely no scruples. In my opinion, he was an animal. He abused everyone within his reach. 

Happiness is not a destination, it is a way of life.
Respected Contributor

Is Modesto still living in the jungle in the Phillipines or did he return to the States?