Honored Contributor

Re: Versace finale 3/21

[ Edited ]

@CANDLEQUEENwrote:

I didn't watch it, but may after reading how good it was. Can I ask-was Marilyn's husband Gay? I often wondered how Andrew could have known Lee.......Thanks!

@CANDLEQUEEN  No one ever came flat out and said it, but detectives felt that his murder was so personal that the killer must have known him. Also, the murderer would have to have went way out his way to kill Lee, making it even less likely to be a random murder. Plus Lee was exactly the kind of man that he targeted.

In the very last episode Marilyn told someone on the tv staff where she sold her products, that she continually received letters about what a great person he was, and about all the favors he did for people, such as pay bills they couldn't etc. She said she knew nothing about it and wondered why he didn't tell her. So apparently she didn't know everything about him.

Honored Contributor

@colliemom4wrote:

@CANDLEQUEENwrote:

I didn't watch it, but may after reading how good it was. Can I ask-was Marilyn's husband Gay? I often wondered how Andrew could have known Lee.......Thanks!

@CANDLEQUEEN  No one ever came flat out and said it, but detectives felt that his murder was so personal that the killer must have known him. Also, the murderer would have to have way out his way to kill Lee, making it even less likely to be a random murder. Plus Lee was exactly the kind of man that he targeted.

In the very last episode Marilyn told someone on the tv staff where she sold her products, that she continually received letters about what a great person he was, and about all the favors he did for people, such as pay bills they couldn't etc. She said she knew nothing about it and wondered why he didn't tell her. So apparently she didn't know everything about him.

@colliemom4 Interesting. Thanks for the explanation!

Valued Contributor

Andrew's parents sure were a piece of work(rolls eyes)

Honored Contributor

@Estateswrote:

Andrew's parents sure were a piece of work(rolls eyes)

@Estates  Yes they were. Do you have a pembroke welsh corgi? My daughter has had several is why I ask.

Honored Contributor

His mother was a nice lady--she did obviously have some mental issues.  His father was a complete con and would throw his family under the bus at any point to save himself.  He was disgusting.  I felt sorry for the mother.  

As far as Marily Miglin.  I think she had to know her husband was gay, but as someone else said...she was in denial and wanted to live a lie.  She was probably too embarrassed. 

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

I just started watching this On Demand and I am hooked. Marilyn may be a very nice woman but she sure appeared to be in denial about her husband. They were a wealthy well known couple so the embarrassment most likely caused the denial. I don't know if she ever spoke about it and I didn't know she remarried.

Respected Contributor

@DREAMONwrote:

I just started watching this On Demand and I am hooked. Marilyn may be a very nice woman but she sure appeared to be in denial about her husband. They were a wealthy well known couple so the embarrassment most likely caused the denial. I don't know if she ever spoke about it and I didn't know she remarried.

Marilyn and her husband were from that older generation where being gay was considered taboo. The husband was probably hiding it from Marilyn. Although based on the stash of gay magazines in the garage and inviting Andrew to their home I have to wonder how well he kept his secret. A woman like Marilyn is very detail oriented and was not likely to be kept in the dark. As others have speculated she may have blocked it out of her mind. 

Honored Contributor

She only waited 2 years to remarry also. She may have been very ready to move away from the type of relationship they had at that point.

Honored Contributor

@colliemom4

which upcoming show about Gotti................

CATS ARE HEAVEN SENT
Honored Contributor

American Crime Story premiered in February 2016 with the first season subtitled The People v. O.J. Simpson.

It received widespread critical acclaim and won nine Primetime Emmy Awards out of 13 nominations, including Outstanding Limited Series. 

The third season will center on the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina and season four will be based on the Clinton-Lewinsky scandal.

CATS ARE HEAVEN SENT