Respected Contributor

Funny, We get all kinds of commercials about men, including one that uses a vegetable.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hate that one; change the channel as soon as I can.

Honored Contributor

I cringe when I hear them say , Poise in Her Pants, so tacky and classless. 

Honored Contributor

Standards of behavior have gone to the dogs and will never come back.  Crude and rude and no respect for everyone, even law enforcement, has long gone bye bye.

Me and a lot of the rest of us are to blame because by and large we put up with it.  Isn't that what the slam "pearl clutching" is all about?  So people even sneer and make fun of anyone who dislikes these things.  It's all ok! As long as nobody but "us" are unhappy or inconvenienced or not allowed to do as we please. 

Honored Contributor

I agree but that razor is great for underarms

So smooth & non irritating.

@grandma2pkmh wrote:

I think Venus Razor has gone too far on their latest TV commercial.  They just showed a women shaving around her bikini bottom to smoothly shave the "pubic hair"  Did they really have to show that? 

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

If you object to these commercials, you shouldn't hesitate to let the companies know.  There have been several that I've contacted and the ads didn't last long.  It's not that I was a influencer but maybe me + 5,000 other people were.  It's so easy to go to their website, find contact us and blast away.  They don't know they've gone too far unless you tell them. 

@Kachina624    @grandma2pkmh 

OMG, I did the same thing years ago ..... it was a deodorant commercial where a woman wearing a sleeveless blouse was smelling her armpits to see if she had BO.   

I sent the company a scathing email from their website ("how disgusting ..... what poor taste .... yada yada yada .... ")  and the commercial disappeared soon after.  Not saying it was just my comments that did the trick, but I do think I helped the cause.   

Honored Contributor

@Jessa9 wrote:

I agree girls.  I was embarrassed when males were in the room while they were on.

@Jessa9 

Certainly men know that women shave.  Or were they teenagers?

Trusted Contributor

Men know but I was still embarrassed ..They were in their 40's.  I guess I'm old fashioned

Jessa
Honored Contributor

@depglass wrote:

What, you've never seen an ED commercial?  

@depglass 

Or the PD commercial with all the crooked zucchini?  LOL    Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

@Glittergal wrote:

It's yet another commerical to convince women that there is something wrong with us just being natural, pressure to do something unnecessary.  There is so much pressure on women to be perfectly groomed and to put so much effort into it, more than for men.  Men aren't pressured near as much.

@Glittergal 

Sounds like you really don't care if you're hairy or not.  Okay.   

Personally, I would never go to the beach or poolside with a bunch of hair coming out of the bikini area.  IMO, to do so is just poor grooming habits.   It's not about pressure.   Some women want to look nice, and need to remove at least some of their hair to do so. 

Honored Contributor

@ROMARY wrote:

I guess I'm not a complete fan of the Venus tv commercial, but, actually, I have a feeling that many of us and viewers will give it a try!

When it's on sale.  Maybe with a cupon.

@ROMARY 

I agree ......   IMO, any woman who has ever accidentally cut herself badly while shaving any area will probably notice the commercial and why this razor is supposed to be different and safer to use.