Respected Contributor

I hope I'm not the only one watching.  Tom Tom had its Grand Opening and it looked to be quite the success.  I have to credit Tom Sandoval for stepping up and making it an opening to remember.  The motorcycle, the helmets with their names, the matching suits, etc...it really made me feel happy.  I thought it was such a happy episode cept for LaLa (what's w/her lately?) and Katie at the end.

Let's see, Tom Schwartz hasn't held a job since the show began, how many years is that?  He's done an odd job here and there, enough to scrape up some dough, but Katie is the one that's been supporting him all these YEARS.  Now she's upset cause she feels he's not giving her the time that she needs.  I think she was irritated in not being the lead in their marriage anymore.  He's got other interests now aside from her.

He finally has a job.  And quite a lucrative one at that.  I don't know why LVP gave him such a great opportunity, as he doesn't have the work ethic Sandoval has.  But anyway, he didn't give up his seat to her on the plane when his ticket was upgraded to first class.  Ha!  She was very irritated.  Now it looks like their vacation in Mexico is going to be spoiled. 

I think all the couples on this show are doomed.  It's just a matter of time.  What did y'all think?

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Regular Contributor

Quite a grand opening!  I think Tom should have given his seat to someone else and sat with Katie...um..their marrage may be doomed?   LaLa was totally out of control and should be reprimanded for what she did to Racquel...Racquel was a customer and LaLa had not business getting in her face and talking to her the way she did.  I'm glad Schena stood up for james and told Lisa what actually happened because LaLa sugar coated it.

We will have to see what transpires in Mexico...seeing if all the couples who went come back as "couples!"

Vanderpump Rules...my guilty pleasure...

Respected Contributor

Hi @jellyBEAN !  Nope, you're not the only one watching!  I've been watching pretty much since the first episode.  I tend to fall into the trap of watching these Bravo shows!  I especially DO like this show even though I'm older than the cast (I'm closer to LVP's age) and find it a good distraction on a Monday night.  I can't believe sometimes how ridiculous their behavior is, but, like I said, it's mindless, and for those 50-some-odd minutes, I'm right there with the gang!!!  

Last night's show was good.  It was fun to see Lisa cut loose a little and hop in that sidecar.  Tom Sandoval went over the top with it all, but it was all in good fun and made for good TV watching.  I've grown to like Stassi more than I did last season or seasons before, and I continue to not be a Kristen fan.  Something about her is off, in my opinion.  I mean, yeah, it's reality TV so who really knows.  I can't wait for next week to see how the rest of the Schwartzy/Katie argument progressed.  Wonder if anything was thrown!  About the first-class seat issue, I read somewhere that Schwartzy did offer it to Katie but she turned it down.  I saw that on some board earlier but don't know for sure.  If that was true, well, too bad, you turned it down, so let hubby have it.  First class is first class!!  Looked like Scheana sure was enjoying it.  I was upgraded only once in my lifetime, and it was on a long flight from NY to CA so, yeah, it was great!  Katie's whining and seeking attention last night made me irritated.  She should have walked around, too, just like her husband.  She could have greeted people and mingled instead of behaving like a child.  Maybe he's just not that into her anymore.  Hmmmm.  We. Shall.  See.

There recently was an event here in Tampa that a few of the VR cast attended, but no one down here publicized it until it was over.  I absolutely would have attended had I known.  Apparently, Lala, Jax, and Brittany were here at a film festival.  Not sure if any other castmembers were here, but those are the ones who stick out in my brain.  I can't believe I missed it.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Vanderpump Rules 3/25

[ Edited ]

I'm still watching.  I thought Tom's decision to buy the motorcycle was not too bright but I love his creativity with the grand entrance and matching suits, etc.  He could have rented one for this occasion. 

I've never ever been a fan of Katie.  She can be a "Tequila Katie" whether she's been drinking or not.  However, the wedding bliss softened her the last two years (seasons of VPR) but I knew it wouldn't last.  Although I believe the first class seat was production driven, Tom should have given it up to sit with Katie or offered it to her instead.  If I were in that situation, it would not have been a big deal but Katie is a different story and Tom should know that by now.  I probably shouldn't have....but I was laughing at Tom at the end and cheering him on when Katie was throwing her temper tantrum.  

I've never understood why Lisa chose Tom Schwartz to go into business with her either.  He couldn't even handle a bartending job a few seasons back.  For whatever reason, LVP has a soft spot for Katie (and Tom).  Tom Sandoval, on the other hand, is far from perfect but he's a very creative and driven person.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Esteemed Contributor

I just noticed we have two thread going about VPR. That's okay, I'll just post on both of them. Smiley Very Happy

This week's episode was so fun showing us the opening of TomTom. The boys are growing up--hopefully!

It's nice to see James doing better and I hope he keeps it going. Lala is horrible this season and as much as I can empathize with someone losing their father that's not an excuse to treat people like dirt. The way she treats Billie and Raquel is inexcusable. As much as she denies it, Lala has a strange obsession with James and anyone who is close to him. It's interesting how the loss of Jax's father affected him in such a different way.

It think the reason Lisa chose Schwartzy for TomTom is twofold. At least these are two reasons that seem possible to me. One is the closeness of the relationship between the two Toms which has layers of advantage. They will not likely lose their friendship over the business and will work well together. Also, the two Toms as a duo are a big part of the VPR story and a big draw for customers. One Tom is good but two Toms are great.

Another reason I think Lisa chose Schwartz is that, for some reason, Lisa has a real soft spot for Katie. Maybe because Katie was the most reliable of the 3 Witches of WeHo (their name, not mine. If it were me I'd add Lala and occasionally Brittany to the group). She officiated their wedding, did countless favors for her and even fired James for belittling her (though Katie can be belittle people all day long and get away with it). I don't get it but she's definitely Lisa's pet...most of the time anyway. Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

I’m still watching too. I think Lala should be fired just like James was. There is absolutely no excuse for her behavior especially while she was working. If she was my employee, she would get her walking papers ASAP. I understand dealing with grief but that’s not an excuse for being nasty to people. I think she thinks she’s better than everyone else since she snagged her rich man with the private jet. She better hope he doesn’t dump her because she’ll be in for a hard fall. 

I think it’s funny how the two Tom’s talk like they’re  equal business partners with LVP. I’m sure she probably sold them a small percentage of it so that she could use their names and use the concept for the show to bring in more business. It will be interesting to see how long Schwartz can stay focused on the business — he strikes me as being flighty.

Katie looked really needy at the opening. I’m sure that’s why she was in such a foul mood — having to sit in coach just added to it. I give Tom credit for standing up to her.

Scheana needs to admit that she’s in a relationship with Adam or move on. I think the whole coyness about it is ridiculous.

I too find myself liking  Stassi more this season. Beau seems to be good for her. It looked like they will be fighting next week — he looked like he was crying in the preview. What is is with the guys on this show - they can cry at the drop of a hat.

Not sure why I watch this show but it’s on of the few on Bravo that I watch every week.