Respected Contributor

****** Van ******: A Celebration

Anybody watch this PBS special?  Really good.  I was surprised he has had no dance training.  He taps so well.  Very talented man!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: ****** Van ******: A Celebration

?????????

Respected Contributor

I'm sorry.  I forgot his name is a no-no on this board.  He was one of the stars of "Mary Poppins" and "Chitty Chitty Bang Bang."

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

D*ick VanDyke

Honored Contributor

I find it so ridiculous that has name can't be seen on these boards. He is an actor whose name has been in print in books, newspapers, television screens, and on marquees. I don't think anyone could find his name on the boards objectionable.

Respected Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

I find it so ridiculous that has name can't be seen on these boards. He is an actor whose name has been in print in books, newspapers, television screens, and on marquees. I don't think anyone could find his name on the boards objectionable.

The software cannot differentiate between typing someone's name and typing a word that is not allowed.

Trusted Contributor

@Jordan2   I don't get it, why can't we say his name?

Honored Contributor

@VanSleepy wrote:

@Jordan2 wrote:

The software cannot differentiate between typing someone's name and typing a word that is not allowed.

@VanSleepy   Exactly, software is built in on probably all message boards for certain words. Not his name, but the words. There is no Mod sitting behind the curtain waiting for a poster to type his name. 

Honored Contributor

@hayseed00 wrote:

@Jordan2   I don't get it, why can't we say his name?

@hayseed00 @@because his first name is akin to a man's privates and his last name is not a nice term for a woman who is gay.

Trusted Contributor

@Jordan2  I never associated his name with any of those terms, sure glad my name is deb !!!!