Honored Contributor

Love Valley Of The Dolls...I was very young when I first saw the movie and thought the women were just gorgeous.

I felt the same about Peyton Place.

Honored Contributor
Ah yes. When Andre Previn was married to Dory, before he married Mia Farrow.
Trusted Contributor

I had the honor and the pleasure of meeting Patty Duke and was a gracious, lovely woman. She lived Idaho and would occasionally shop at the Macy's I worked at. I remember introducing her to several young girls I worked with, but they didn't know who she was. She was gracious and replied, These days I introduce myself as Sean Astin's Mom". She said most people under the age of 50 usually didn't recognize her, but they all knew her son from Lord of The Rings. Very kind and generous to everyone.

Honored Contributor
Nice story @grandma petes.
Honored Contributor

Here is an interview with Patty, watched it last year, and loved it, so pretty here too.

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x5wdpv0

Respected Contributor

I read her book about mental illness when it first came out , i think it helped open minds for it can affect anyone , no matter how rich or famous you are. 

Honored Contributor

@MW in Iowa wrote:

I read her book about mental illness when it first came out , i think it helped open minds for it can affect anyone , no matter how rich or famous you are. 

@MW in Iowa  Yes. It's definitely a complicated issue.

Respected Contributor

It's on YouTube if anyone wants to watch.

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Trusted Contributor

I remember sneaking the book from my Mother when she was out and hiding that I was reading it from my Dad....quite the guilty pleasure in those days!

Honored Contributor

I remember passing the book around the neighborhood. I'll bet every mom on our street read it. Then a bunch of us went to the movie together. I remember the song by Dionne Warwick. LOVE it.