Valued Contributor

Re: Valerie's Home Cooking Show.

I haven't see her on the Q in awhile.  Does anyone know if she's still making appearances with her food/kitchen items?  I always liked her.  Grew up watching One Day at a Time.  As far as her new set, I haven't seen it yet, however, I do know one time when she was on with David, she mentioned the kitchen was a set and NOT her own kitchen. David seemed surprised and thought it was her own kitchen and so did I. 

Respected Contributor

Valerie Bertinelli and I are the same age so I grew up watching her on One Day at a Time. She has always been my girl crush.

I remember when she married Eddie Van Halen. The All American girl and the Rock Star. They seemed to be such opposites but they made it work for many years.

I don't watch her show all that often, but when I do I always enjoy watching her whip up different things. I don't cook - my husband does most of the cooking. It always amazes me that people actually make things from scratch, LOL!! 😲

I always found her to have a fun personality and she doesn't seem to take herself too seriously. I always found her to be very down to earth and self deprecating.

I've never noticed that she has had any plastic surgery. She still looks like the same beautiful woman she's always been.
Esteemed Contributor

I've always loved Valerie.  I really like her cooking show but only catch it occasionally so I didn't even realize her kitchen set was different.  I'm not into baking and don't normally watch any kind of dessert/baking show but I do enjoy her Kids Baking Championship show with Duff.  I love her interaction with the kids.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Honored Contributor

@shoptilyadropagain wrote:

I've always loved Valerie.  I really like her cooking show but only catch it occasionally so I didn't even realize her kitchen set was different.  I'm not into baking and don't normally watch any kind of dessert/baking show but I do enjoy her Kids Baking Championship show with Duff.  I love her interaction with the kids.

@shoptilyadropagain   I have been watching Valerie since she was fifteen, I believe, on One Day at a Time.  She was a fantastic actress in the tv movie In the Name of a Child, and I like her cooking show, didn't notice the change in the kitchen.

Esteemed Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@shoptilyadropagain wrote:

@shoptilyadropagain   I have been watching Valerie since she was fifteen, I believe, on One Day at a Time.  She was a fantastic actress in the tv movie In the Name of a Child, and I like her cooking show, didn't notice the change in the kitchen.

@mousiegirl , I loved One Day at a Time since it was set in Indianapolis.  I also loved the movie, In the Name of a Child".  In real life, her sister's husband was from a town in Indiana that is not that far from me so that only added to my interest.  I've watched that movie several times but haven't seen it in years.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Honored Contributor

@Citrine1 wrote:

@Havarti wrote:

I can't watch her anymore - she has had so much plastic surgery that I barely recognize her anymore.  It is totally her right to do so and I am not criticizing her for doing so, but it is just hard for me to watch her now.  I always thought she was so beautiful at every stage of life. I enjoyed her show when I did watch, but that was before the kitchen change.

Plastic surgery?  I didn't even know she had any.  She looks the same to me as she always has.  

If she's had "work done", she needs a refund.    Not that she looks bad, but because she looks the same.    Her hands give away her age.    I like her recipes.   Her constant non-stop talking grates on my nerves.    And Wolfie??  Is that his name?

Honored Contributor

@software wrote:

@Citrine1 wrote:

@Havarti wrote:

I can't watch her anymore - she has had so much plastic surgery that I barely recognize her anymore.  It is totally her right to do so and I am not criticizing her for doing so, but it is just hard for me to watch her now.  I always thought she was so beautiful at every stage of life. I enjoyed her show when I did watch, but that was before the kitchen change.

Plastic surgery?  I didn't even know she had any.  She looks the same to me as she always has.  

If she's had "work done", she needs a refund.    Not that she looks bad, but because she looks the same.    Her hands give away her age.    I like her recipes.   Her constant non-stop talking grates on my nerves.    And Wolfie??  Is that his name?

@software   Her son. 

Trusted Contributor

I have never read that Valerie Bertinelli had work done.  She looks the same to me, cute as always.  Who comes up with this stuff?

Respected Contributor

@software Valerie's son's name is Wolfgang Van Halen. She was married to Eddie Van Halen for a long, time Eddie is a Rock Star, and now so is her Son.