Valued Contributor

Re: Valerie Harper passes away

@Pipsqueak wrote:

Just a heads up to those interested and lucky enought to get MeTV in rememberance of Valerie Harper they will be running episodes from The Mary Tyler Moore Show and the famous 2 part wedding shows from Rhoda starting at 5 PM | 4 c on Sunday, September 8.

Thank you for the heads-up.  I do get MeTv and love that channel.  I'll be tuning in.  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@stevieb wrote:

So sad about her illness and passing... I thought she was wonderful on MTM and was good in some guest shots in which I saw her. That said, I never found the show Rhoda to be all that entertaining... To me, the character was better as a supporting character on MTM... I think part of it too was that the supporting characters on Rhoda just weren't very funny and certainly not as humorous as the overall supporting cast was on MTM....

I have to agree with you.    I never cared for Rhoda, and yes, I think much of it had to do with the supporting cast.     I really didn't like the character playing her sister and although I am probably alone in my opinion I never cared for  the actor who played her husband.

My two favorite roles that she played were in MTM and I also liked her in the show "Valerie".    I always watched it after she left the role but Sandy Duncan just didn't fill the bill as well as Valelrie Harper.  

Respected Contributor

Was sad to read last night that she had passed at 80 years old. May she be resting in peace pain free. I thank her for entertaining me and giving me some good laughs. I hope she has a meet up with MTM on the other side and they share a little humor together.

Thanks for the heads up on MeTV salute to Rhoda next Sunday. I will be watching.
Esteemed Contributor

@Bird mama- I am still a Columbo fan and watch every Sunday night.  Nobody can replace Peter Falk he was Columbo in my book.

RIP Valerie Harper aka Rhoda, I watched her self title spinoff faithfully her spunk carried her to the end.