Honored Contributor

Re: Valerie Harper passes away

Gosh, how sad.

I was loved  her as Rhoda

Trusted Contributor

I wish she could have won it.  Just loved Rhoda.

Honored Contributor

This news makes me sad.  Valerie seemed like such a cheerful, funny, down-to-earth person.  Her kind picks me up.  RIP Ms. Harper.

Super Contributor

I loved The Mary Tyler Moore show and watched it every Saturday night as a child. I hate to hear of Valerie Harper's passing. May she rest in peace. I knew her initial diagnosis was 3 months and she lived an additional 6 years. It's sad to watch the old sitcoms and realize most of these actors are no longer with us. I believe their are only three or four left from the orginial Mary Tyler Moore gang - Ed Asner, Betty White, Cloris Leachman, and the actor that played Murray. 

Regular Contributor

Just a heads up to those interested and lucky enought to get MeTV in rememberance of Valerie Harper they will be running episodes from The Mary Tyler Moore Show and the famous 2 part wedding shows from Rhoda starting at 5 PM | 4 c on Sunday, September 8.

Honored Contributor

Rhoda!  I know she was fighting cancer for quite a long time but she made it to 80 and I hope she will rest in peace.  My condolences to her family.

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

I loved her on the MTM Show and Rhoda.  Rest in peace, Valerie. 

Honored Contributor

May she and her family be at Peace.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

She seemed like a very lovely person.  I enjoyed her so much on MTM and Rhoda shows.  I always thought when I watched the MTM show that she was far too lovely to be cast in the role that she was -- much prettier than MTM. But they were good together!!!!  I am very sorry for the long suffering and illness she suffered and for the loss that her husband and other family members have experienced.  She was truly one of a kind.

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

@Pipsqueak wrote:

Just a heads up to those interested and lucky enought to get MeTV in rememberance of Valerie Harper they will be running episodes from The Mary Tyler Moore Show and the famous 2 part wedding shows from Rhoda starting at 5 PM | 4 c on Sunday, September 8.

Thank you, I will set the timer.

It is a shame FeTV was showing Mary Tyler Moore Show everyday and changed the schedule this week. FeTV signed up to show Mary Tyler Moore and Bob Newhart for a year. Wish it was longer.