Honored Contributor

Re: Valerie Bertinelli and the trolls........

And we wonder why kids bully, look at some of the posts here. What ever happened to kindness, empathy, and caring about others? None of us know  what her life is like or what she may be dealing with. 

Judging others based on appearance is just plain shallow. 

Valued Contributor

Love her just as she is!!!Heart

Trusted Contributor

My heart goes out to people who have suffered real tragedies.

People who have lost loved ones in the Florida condo collapse. 

People who have lost loved ones from gun violence. 

People who have lost loved ones from the pandemic.  

People who are victims of senseless violence.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I, too, absolutely adore her!    I always look forward to her cooking show and her show with Duff Goldman.   She just makes you smile and feel good.   

Good for her for standing up.  Bad for some cretin who had to be a jerkwad and I hope that person has been put in their place.   She's always seemed to be a good person.  Sure, she went through some of the stuff that some people go through in their younger years, but she always came out on top.

She has a son who adores her.    I just hope that person didn't hurt her but I feel like she still came out on top there, having stood up for herself. 

She wins.  Heart

Honored Contributor

@northiie57 wrote:

I have learned not to react to negativity, as this is what they are looking for.  The negative people I feel sorry for them as they have miserable lives and they critical and mean to others to make themselves feel good.  Wish they could just find inner peace and love people no matter what we look like.

Amen.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@agb80  I agree with your point of view, popular or not. Two points I'd make are first, it's fascinating to me what (and for whom...) people choose to be just oh so sensitive about and what they don't... Second, and probably more relevant in this case, is that when one is a media person who's consistently putting it out there, then there's going to be blow-back and there are going to be comments. Like it or not, it goes along with putting oneself in the public eye.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@SurferWife wrote:

Valerie has always been and always will be beautiful...skinny or fluffy.

I think so too.  And she appears to be a very good mother.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

After all the positive vs. negative comments here I need a glass of Valerie Bertinelli wine, sold here at the Q. I'm sure she could use a glass or 2 herself. 🍷 CHEERS! 😊 

Honored Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

@agb80   Your comments are nasty, mean and lack substance.  

The thread isn't about you and your feelings.  You are not, nor have you been  judged by millions of people on social media in a negative way.

If you think people can turn off their feelings on a dime because they are a certain age or not be hurt because death ( there was a death in her family ) or other life issues and deserve verbal abuse, than you are uneducated about mental health and wellness too. 

"Sometimes it is better to be quiet and be thought a fool, than you open your mouth or post and remove all doubt."

@Carmie   No doubt here. Woman Mad

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@kimbobimbo wrote:

@agb80 

You truly need an empathy injection. What's wrong with you? 

@kimbobimbo  Well that certainly wasn't very nice either.  People can express opinions that differ from yours and not have something wrong with them. Your post is as bad as you think hers is. 

And by the way I do not agree with @agb80 's post.

@Pearlee  It isn't about expressing opposing opinions.  Once again-nobody said she couldn't post.

The issue is she pushes the envelope every single time there is a thread about somebody dealing with an issue.  It doesn't matter the issue.

It's done for attention and not for conversational purposes.  She gets the reaction she is looking for.

Just as the trolls got the attention they wanted regarding Valerie.

Same boat, different crew.

Have a pleasant Saturday.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh