Honored Contributor

Re: Valerie Bertinelli and the trolls........

@agb80 wrote:

When I saw that video of her crying I thought someone had died. 

I was really surprised that she was crying because a troll said she was fat.  What about sticks and stones?

Celebrities know not to read social media and especially someone like her who has been in show business for years. 

After watching, I thought maybe she was trying out for a part. 

She is a grown woman and no one I know would ever do such a humiliating thing to themselves. 

She really embarrassed herself.  No one would have known that some troll called her fat had she not bubbled about it.  

Some people lack all sense of sensitivity.

Respected Contributor

Unfortunately this is the negative side of any type social media.
Trusted Contributor

@CalminHeart wrote:

@agb80 wrote:

I was really surprised that she was crying because a troll said she was fat.  What about sticks and stones?

Celebrities know not to read social media and especially someone like her who has been in show business for years. 

She is a grown woman and no one I know would ever do such a humiliating thing to themselves. 

She really embarrassed herself.  No one would have known that some troll called her fat had she not bubbled about it.  

That's not it at all.  I was ready to support her 100% if she was crying due to a death or an injury in her family.  Also, would have supported a kid because kids can't handle that.  But a grown woman? Come on, think about it!!  @CalminHeart 

Honored Contributor

@agb80 wrote:

@CalminHeart wrote:

@agb80 wrote:

That's not it at all.  I was ready to support her 100% if she was crying due to a death or an injury in her family.  Also, would have supported a kid because kids can't handle that.  But a grown woman? Come on, think about it!!  @CalminHeart 

I thought about it and stand by what I said. You don't kow what triggers someone else so just be nice and stop with the mean girl.

Trusted Contributor

@CalminHeart wrote:

@agb80 wrote:

@CalminHeart wrote:

@agb80 wrote:

I thought about it and stand by what I said. You don't kow what triggers someone else so just be nice and stop with the mean girl.

@CalminHeart but that's just it, she's not a girl she's a grown woman and the troll probably was a young person.  So it just doesn't make any sense to get so upset by what that stranger said to her.  In fact she should have just laughed it off because it's so ridiculous.  VB is 61 years old.  

Esteemed Contributor

Sometimes I just wonder what makes some people so mean.

Were they brought up that way?  If not, are they proud to be mean and hurtful?  What does someone gain from humiliating anybody?  

Many people struggle with their weight as they get older.  And some folks are on necessary meds that affect their weight.  I certainly weigh much more in my elder years than I did as a young woman.  I guess, to some, that means I am a failure.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Unfortunately, any time you post on social media, you'll get some positive feedback and some trolls. They live here, too and raise ugly, unnecessary comments that are hurtful.

Respected Contributor

Sadly, this is nothing new for celebrities.  I remember all the nasty comments about Elizabeth Taylor, Delta Burke and Kathleen Turner when they dared to gain weight.

I struggle with maintaining my weight every day.  I would hate to have to see, read or hear nasty comments about my appearance. I have always liked Valerie.  She has lost her parents recently and then when Eddie died too. 😢😢

I wonder what all of her critics look like???

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

As I stated, I'm among the ranks right now of the overweight and I don't care who knows it, I don't care who sees it.  I have way too much self respect and self confidence to let anyone rain on my parade.    

In fact, it would have been really rewarding for VB to say what Tyra Banks said when she was being criticised after posing in a one piece swimsuit.  She told all of her haters, "you can kiss my fat - - - .  

Respected Contributor

Mixed feelings about this one.  I agree that people can be very mean with online comments.  

However - Val put herself out there a few years ago when she lost weight and looked great.  In a bikini yet.  She didn't mind all the coments then.  IMO when celebs go public with anything about their personal lives they're asking for it.  She should know that.