Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Re: Valerie Bertinelli and the trolls........

@SurferWife wrote:

@agb80 

To make sure I understand your post...if someone told you that you had gained weight, you would start working out again?  Not because YOU wanted to but because someone else said you had gained weight?

Gee, people are just so sensitive. 

If someone wants to tell me that I don't look the same from 2019, they'd be right. 

Doesn't bother me in the least to be told! 

In fact, if it really bothered me that much, I'd start working out again, I'd stop eating goodies (oh not me, nooo, I never eat that stuff) and I'd get my head right to achieve real weight management goals! Cat Surprised

Honored Contributor

@agb80 wrote:

Gee, people are just so sensitive.  If someone wants to tell me that I don't look the same from 2019, they'd be right.  Doesn't bother me in the least to be told!  In fact, if it really bothered me that much, I'd start working out again, I'd stop eating goodies (oh not me, nooo, I never eat that stuff) and I'd get my head right to achieve real weight management goals! Cat Surprised

This 'rationale', if you want to call it that, just boogles my mind.....Gee, some people are just SO INsensitive, IMO.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Trusted Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@agb80 wrote:

Gee, people are just so sensitive.  If someone wants to tell me that I don't look the same from 2019, they'd be right.  Doesn't bother me in the least to be told!  In fact, if it really bothered me that much, I'd start working out again, I'd stop eating goodies (oh not me, nooo, I never eat that stuff) and I'd get my head right to achieve real weight management goals! Cat Surprised

This 'rationale', if you want to call it that, just boogles my mind.....Gee, some people are just SO INsensitive, IMO.

@KingstonsMom there are millions of overweight people in this country.  God help us if we all were like Bertinelli bubbling like a little baby because some stranger and a troll at that, told her she was fat after she voluntarily read her social media. 

Valued Contributor

People are so cruel. She's a very sweet young woman with a great fabulous career, works hard for everything she has.

Honored Contributor

@agb80 wrote:

It has nothing to do with Valerie Bertinelli, or anyone else, being overly sensitive.   It's about people in general needing to learn when to keep their opinions to themselves and act with kindness toward their fellow man.  Nobody knows what people are dealing with and how they may be struggling with things, just doing the best they can from one day to the next.  VB has an image to live up to, even though she's 40+ years older than when she was on ODAAT.  And then she did the bikini reveal with Jenny Craig some 10-15 yrs. ago.  She knows she doesn't look like that anymore.  Don't you think she feels like a failure now?  A cyber bully doesn't need to remind her.  Furthermore, even though they've been divorced for some time, she's probably still dealing with the loss of Eddie VH.  Cut her some slack. 

Honored Contributor

People can be so mean and nasty. And who cares what she or anyone weighs! Beauty is what's inside. 

I don't look up to, or want to be friends with, people who are so cruel and hateful. Yet we see it every day from many politicians, ministers, priests, groups, and other leaders and some think it's ok. Well, it isn't!  

Honored Contributor

@agb80 wrote:

Blaming the victim? It has nothing to do with being sensitive. It's mean, unkind, and rude of those who make such comments.  

Honored Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch 

I agree, her and Eddie were together for many, many years and he's the father of her only child, they were still very much family, along with his new wife.

Valerie was only 20 years old when they married.

I guess in the age of social media there's no such thing as minding your OWN business and lives....sad really.

Valerie Bertinelli and Eddie Van Halen during Wedding of Eddie Van Halen and Valerie Bertinelli at St. Paul's Catholic Church in Westwood, California, United States. (Photo by Ron Galella/Ron Galella Collection via Getty Images)

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Contributor

Yes & look at all the rude , insensitive comments on the post HERE about Demi & her daughters .  The youngest kid suffers from self hate and body issues from years of ignorant comments from ppl like the women on here that tore her apart .. I'm sure these ppl are all perfect .  

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

When I saw that video of her crying I thought someone had died. 

I was really surprised that she was crying because a troll said she was fat.  What about sticks and stones?

Celebrities know not to read social media and especially someone like her who has been in show business for years. 

After watching, I thought maybe she was trying out for a part. 

She is a grown woman and no one I know would ever do such a humiliating thing to themselves. 

She really embarrassed herself.  No one would have known that some troll called her fat had she not bubbled about it.