Esteemed Contributor

Valerie Bertinelli and the trolls........

Valerie Bertinelli posted a heartbreaking video responding to trolls who criticized her weight.

The Food Network host, 61, opened up Thursday night about her “mistake” of reading the comments on some of her recipes online, where she saw people pointed out that she “needed to lose weight.”

“Because see, I don’t have a scale or I don’t have clothes that I’m trying to put on every day, and I don’t have mirrors so I don’t see what’s become of me,” she said sarcastically, holding back tears.

“So I needed that help to let me know that I need to lose weight.

“You’re not being helpful,” she continued. “Because when you see somebody who has put some weight on, my first thought is, ‘That person is obviously going through some things.'”

Bertinelli admitted she thought about deleting the video, which first appeared on her Instagram Story, but decided to keep it after people came forward and praised her honesty.

“But then I realized it was hitting it a ‘good’ nerve with so many of you who were so sweet to dm and share your same vulnerability and struggles,” she wrote. “We all could use a little more kindness and patience and grace, because we just never know what someone else is going through. So here it is. Not deleting. Owning it.”

The former “One Day at a Time” star always has been candid about her weight struggles and wrote an op-ed for “Today” last year about how she “used food to avoid sadness.”

Source: Page Six

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Valerie Bertinelli and the trolls........

People are just cruel. What has happened to humanity!!!

Respected Contributor

@gertrudecloset 

Since this is such a sensitive issue for her probably no need to rehash the story?

Esteemed Contributor

@rockygems123 wrote:

@gertrudecloset 

Since this is such a sensitive issue for her probably no need to rehash the story?

I don't understand your rationale @rockygems123 .  Do you plan to troll her here on the QVC forums?

Esteemed Contributor

@elated wrote:

People are just cruel. What has happened to humanity!!!

Women need to stop body shaming other women!  That's part of the problem.  We get it from men, then we must hear it from women too?  

Honored Contributor

Valerie has always been and always will be beautiful...skinny or fluffy.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

"He that is without sin among you, let him cast the first stone at her."

Although what she is struggling with is not a "sin" just stop judging other people.  We all need a mirror.

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Respected Contributor

I'm sorry she was so hurt, she seems like such a nice person, so very kind. Probably why ugly people feel so brave to try to hurt her.  

Trusted Contributor

Gee, people are just so sensitive.  If someone wants to tell me that I don't look the same from 2019, they'd be right.  Doesn't bother me in the least to be told!  In fact, if it really bothered me that much, I'd start working out again, I'd stop eating goodies (oh not me, nooo, I never eat that stuff) and I'd get my head right to achieve real weight management goals! Cat Surprised

Honored Contributor

@agb80 

To make sure I understand your post...if someone told you that you had gained weight, you would start working out again?  Not because YOU wanted to but because someone else said you had gained weight?

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.