Honored Contributor

Re: VMAs last night 8/20

[ Edited ]

@SilleeMee wrote:

I should have turned it when Nicki M came out on stage looking like she was holding a baby up to her breast feeding it. What that whaaaah????

@SilleeMee

That was actually Cardi B, who had a baby about a month ago.

When her appearance on the VMA's was announced, her fans were going crazy wondering if she would bring her baby, Kulture, with her, so that was a gag on Cardi B's part for her fans.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Oops , yes that's correct @KingstonsMom. That was Cardi B with the red dress 'feeding the baby'.

images.jpg

Honored Contributor

I did not watch, but saw some pics this morning from E News, and boy oh boy crazy outfits for sure......I can't stand to see these young ladies up there dressing like that, some of them might as well not bother wearing anything for what little they have on.....

I really do think that Tiffany Haddish is funny, but she is so vulgar, and it is as if she is trying way too hard...I did not care for Girl's Trip at all.....I remember how vulgar she was at the Oscars too, it was just cringe worthy.

I also read that Madonna mostly spoke about herself, instead of Aretha. She just needs to sit down and relax instead of trying to act 20 years old again.  

Valued Contributor

I don't watch award shows either, but did see on-line some of the clothing worn - or, more accurately, the lack of clothing worn.  How in the name of everything holy do people go out looking like that?  I "knew" very few of these "musicians" and it made me think how grateful I am not to be young. Yikes!

Honored Contributor

I remember watching the Red Carpet show right before the big show and I liked seeing all the fun and crazy fashions. I guess now the clothing has too much revealing features that the networks can't do the Red Carpet shows for the VMAs any more. Too bad, because I used to like that part the best.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

I remember watching the Red Carpet show right before the big show and I liked seeing all the fun and crazy fashions. I guess now the clothing has too much revealing features that the networks can't do the Red Carpet shows for the VMAs any more. Too bad, because I used to like that part the best.

@SilleeMee

I'm not sure if they televised them or not, since I didn't watch, but they did do the 'red carpet' event, photos here:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-6080335/MTV-Video-Music-Awards-2018-Best-dressed-stars....

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

Thanks! @KingstonsMom

Oh dear, Nicki. No major network would ever show that.

Regular Contributor

That was three hours of my life I can't get back...can't understand what the purpose of being seen in public dressed scantily, what was being said and what was being sung. Besides even if there was singing,(or autotuning and/or lip syncing) every other word was bleeped so what's the point. And hey, come on now, these award shows are on cable so why even bleep the foul language in the first place, it's not like the show was on one of the big 3 major networks where censorship is used.

Also, it's getting to the point where each performer tries to outdo the other with all the dancers, theatrics, stage props,etc. Sometimes you can't even see the actual performer because there are so many dancers surrounding them.(ie Ariana Grande, Nicki Minaj)There is something to be said for too much visual stimulation, no wonder so many have attention-deficit disorders, anything else to see would be just plain boring.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@deeva wrote:

Stopped watching all of the awards type shows a long time ago. From what I read this morning, Madonnas tribute to Aretha was more about her than Aretha.

It was reported Madonna said "I" 56 times during what was supposed to be a tribute to Aretha Franklin whose name she mentioned twice. I've never been a fan so I can't say she's always this self-centered but I do know she needs to cease and desist with the tributes to great artists upon their deaths. She messed up her tribute to Prince also.

Madonna, don't volunteer and if asked, just say "No".

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Contributor

I think you may be referring to Cardi B who recently actually had a baby, not Nicky Minaj