Respected Contributor

Whoosh, does anyone have any questions?  Woman Tongue

Who will be crowned King of Norway?  What is King Harald's end game and why did he vote for Bjorn?  What is it w/the fellow who returned from Iceland that is apparently up to no good? Is he in cahoots w/Harald?

Isn't Ivar taking one heck of a chance doing what he's doing in Kiev?  Prince Oleg will spare no one from a cruel demise.  Why doesn't Prince Oleg do away w/the young Prince?  Couldn't he then declare himself King and inherit the territory w/the young Prince out of the picture?  I guess Ivar feels the chained brother will be a more sane adversary in his return to Kattegat?  And how did Ivar plan that all out considering he is all alone there w/no allies other than the young Prince?

And what about the return of Ivar's young wife, only as a different character to marry Prince Oleg?  Did he not really fully kill her and she made an escape?  Didn't they bury her?  Is it just a ghostly look-a-like?  Loved her outfit w/her scene w/Ivar in which they confront each other on the 'street'. 

Oh so many questions, I hope they will all get answered.  I'll have to watch this episode again.  What say you?

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Respected Contributor

Re: VIKINGS episode of 1/1/20

I watched Vikings last night.  I just go with the flow.  Either things will be revealed or they won't.  Most scenarios are implausible if you try to pick them apart.  This is just entertainment.

Respected Contributor

@jellyBEAN wrote:

Who will be crowned King of Norway?  What is King Harald's end game and why did he vote for Bjorn?  What is it w/the fellow who returned from Iceland that is apparently up to no good? Is he in cahoots w/Harald?

Isn't Ivar taking one heck of a chance doing what he's doing in Kiev?  Prince Oleg will spare no one from a cruel demise.  Why doesn't Prince Oleg do away w/the young Prince?  Couldn't he then declare himself King and inherit the territory w/the young Prince out of the picture?  I guess Ivar feels the chained brother will be a more sane adversary in his return to Kattegat?  And how did Ivar plan that all out considering he is all alone there w/no allies other than the young Prince?

And what about the return of Ivar's young wife, only as a different character to marry Prince Oleg?  Did he not really fully kill her and she made an escape?  Didn't they bury her?  Is it just a ghostly look-a-like?  Loved her outfit w/her scene w/Ivar in which they confront each other on the 'street'. 

Oh so many questions, I hope they will all get answered.  I'll have to watch this episode again.  What say you?

I DVR'd and did not see the episode yet. Looks like there's some good stuff to ponder. This is one of the best shows on TV IMO.

Trusted Contributor

Crud, I watched the Twilight Zone marathong all day and forgot about Vikings. Smiley Sad

Respected Contributor

I love this show but it does puzzle me at times.  I watched the premier and then due to me being sick I missed episodes 3 and 4.  So I finally watched them, on demand, on Monday and Tuesday.  I am still wondering how Bjorn escaped the ring of fire he was in.  I guess they swam?

And then the Jan 1st episode..........  I have many of the same questions as you do Jellybean.  I may just have to watch this episode over again.  

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Honored Contributor

I'm sometimes confused about what's going on in Vikings, Sometimes it's because of the accents.  But I don't over think it.  It's a TV show, it all comes together as the episodes unfold.  

Honored Contributor

@jellyBEAN wrote:

Isn't Ivar taking one heck of a chance doing what he's doing in Kiev?  Prince Oleg will spare no one from a cruel demise.  Why doesn't Prince Oleg do away w/the young Prince? 

Because when he becomes of age, he will rule what is now known as Ukraine. 

FWIW.....Not sure if the shows writers are taking certain liberties about this part of the show.  Per history:  Igor & Oleg are half brothers.  Oleg was the ruler of Kiev by right.  When he died, Igor became "prince" of what is now known as Ukraine.

Couldn't he then declare himself King and inherit the territory w/the young Prince out of the picture? 

No.  There were no "king rulers" in that part of the country.  More than likely, he is grooming Igor to be a puppet.  Reason why Igor has a lot of puppet toys.

I guess Ivar feels the chained brother will be a more sane adversary in his return to Kattegat?  And how did Ivar plan that all out considering he is all alone there w/no allies other than the young Prince?

Prince Dir's wife is the other allie.  She was the naked woman who distracted the guards.

Ivar's wife was originally a captured slave/servent. It's possible she had a sister who was not captured close in age or a fraternal twin.  Ivar's wify was a blond.  Also Ivar's wife was some sort of a gifted prophet/priestess.  This look-a-like brunett may share the same gifts if she is related.

@4kitties"I guess they swam?"

Underwater

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Esteemed Contributor

This show has been one of my favorites for several seasons, but I can tell I am losing interest.  I forgot about the show several weeks ago and then fell asleep during show this week.  I do catch up with On Demand, but can't fast foward with that option.

Respected Contributor

@Mz iMac 

Thanks!  I kind of thought they must have dived down and swam under the fire.  I did catch up on my missed episodes and will tune in tonight, but I just am not liking this series as much as I used to.  

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward